Where will Kansas be in about 5 years?

I was looking last night at KU's record.. their accomplishments in football..

It reminded me of the Iowa State Cyclones in 2002...

They were pretty darn good and put a whoopen on the Huskers.. when just a few years prior we were putting 77 on them..

Now it is KU's turn...

Who will be next to rise and fall apart..?

Is this really a sign of parity in college football?

Think of the 95 Huskers... all of the Offense and Defense studs we had.. look at some Tommie Frazier highlights and watch not only his skill and passion, watch the "Pipeline" run downfield and put devastating blows on would be tacklers.. the same skill and passion was seen on Defense... We had about 8 or 9 studs on each side of the ball.. the teams that dominated for years us, FSU, Miami, USC lately have had this.. but this is rare now.. now you have about 20 teams or so with very comparable talent.. that is why, I believe you have all of these so called "upsets" every week.. top to bottom in the top 20.. how much better is one team over the other.. on a neutral field.. probably not much..

They'll be trying to get back to where they are right now because Mangino won't be at KU for the long haul. Some large program will lure him away. They'll hire an unknown or a former Jayhawk and start the process over.

Someone on the radio asked if Mangino would get offers from bigger football schools and the response was even though he a good coach the weight thing would work against him.

I equate Kansas this year to ISU several years ago. They have enough talent and coaching to do well for a year or two but, they won't be consistently good.

Mangino appears to be a decent coach but, all one has to do is to look at KU's record under him (especially their road record, something like 6-20) to see that he's not really doing that much better than some of his predecessors IMO. Heck, KU was a 10-2, Top 10 team not so long ago in '95.

IMO, we husker fans give him too much credit based on his teams' performances against our teams the past several years.

The weight issue won't help Mangino, and it could just keep him at Kansas for awhile. He's turned this program around, but is always being made fun of by everyone. If he wasn't as big as he is, he would be getting ready to take over a big time program imo.

He could always go the star jones route and have surgery.

I am of the opinion that mangino is an EXCELLENT coach, and so is their defensive coordinator. It is too bad that no matter what, he will be discriminated against for his weight when being considered for future openings at better programs.Although, any university that hired him would be taking an enormous risk on him, due to his health. Ill tell ya this, you can guarantee that mangino will have the stomach staple surgery in the near future.

Anyways, if I am not mistaken, he has a very lucrative contract......he was even making more than Bill Self for a couple years, until Self recently got his extension....

So, we will be dealing with Mangino for many years......which is not a good thing for us. Id love it if Nebraska hired him....but there's no chance.

I really don't know if you can throw the discrimination thing out there. His health would be a major factor for any program not knowing when his ticker stops. It's the same thing with age. Most high profile programs wouldn't pick up a coach in their mid 70's. Statistically speaking, he's probably on borrowed time as it is.

kansas-location-map.gif

Where will Kansas be in about 5 years?

Kansas will remain exactly where it's aways been: South of Nebraska, and Sucking just enough to keep Oklahoma and Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico..But with Global Warming's increasing effect on Erosion..Maybe 1/4" closer to the Gulf.

Kansas is Kansas and they always will be. They try to pick up the simplest schedule possible and avoid playing games where they could possibly make a statement. Until this happens they, including Mangino, will continue to be criticized. If Nebraska would have taken a schedule like that this season they would be doing just as good. They have to really PROVE that they are that good to sway my judgement.

What I am saying is, Look at their schedule. That is all.

maybe his players will take up a collection and get him to join Weight Watchers.

That could backfire. Suppose they get the money for that and he does lose weight.

Next thing you know he'll find his penis, after decades of not being able to.

Slippery slope to loss of interest in coaching at Kansas! :madash