KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

Correction: As far as throwing stuff on the field goes, you have seen this happen many many times, and you will see it happen many many more times. What you had never seen before and have not seen since was the referees reacting to the garbage hurling in the way that they did. How is it so difficult for you to understand this? The unremarkable (though unsportsmanlike, foolish, and unfortunate) actions of those 10 or 15 students were made remarkable by the ref's reaction to their behavior.

Look, I distinctly remember watching the game being stopped for a good ten minutes. For most of that time, I saw trash raining down on the field. The fact that you are trying to downplay this as an overreaction by the officials is ridiculous. They reacted the way they did because it wasn't safe for the game to continue with the way the CU student section was acting. Just let it go, man. It happened. There wasn't a second trash thrower on the grassy knoll, and it wasn't an NCAA conspiracy to discredit your program.

You have no argument here, dude. I won't stand up for Kellen Huston or Lawrence Phillips or any number of jerkwads that have been running their mouths at the players since October. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear... well, he eats you.

I am still trying to figure out how none of those students were recruited to play football when they were able to throw trash all way from the student section all the way across the stadium and hit people in the Nebraska section? Hell, if you can throw a marshmellow with a battery in it more then 100 yards, you should be an All-American Quarterback.

I am still trying to figure out how none of those students were recruited to play football when they were able to throw trash all way from the student section all the way across the stadium and hit people in the Nebraska section? Hell, if you can throw a marshmellow with a battery in it more then 100 yards, you should be an All-American Quarterback.

So you think the ONLY PLACE IN THE STADIUM where Nebraska fans were sitting was in the little diagram that scrumptious drew up?

Come on, man. Let's be realistic.

I will say this - judging by their behavior, those students would have made model players for Barnett's team.

So you think the ONLY PLACE IN THE STADIUM where Nebraska fans were sitting was in the little diagram that scrumptious drew up?

I will say this - judging by their behavior, those students would have made model players for Barnett's team.

I am saying that they do not sell general admission tickets in front of the student section. The only time I have ever seen people wearing opposing team gear in the student section were friends of CU students. I have never seen a family of four from Lincoln sitting in the middle of the student section. The student section is for the CU students, it isn't for regular CU fans or for opposing fans. So I am once again left pondering how the students in that section could have thrown trash over 100 yards to hit people in the NU section. Life is full of mysteries.......

I am saying that they do not sell general admission tickets in front of the student section. The only time I have ever seen people wearing opposing team gear in the student section were friends of CU students. I have never seen a family of four from Lincoln sitting in the middle of the student section. The student section is for the CU students, it isn't for regular CU fans or for opposing fans. So I am once again left pondering how the students in that section could have thrown trash over 100 yards to hit people in the NU section. Life is full of mysteries.......

You're being deliberately obtuse about this. Why?

You're being deliberately obtuse about this. Why?

I am not obtuse about it, I am not saying they did not throw trash, I am not saying that were not kicked out, what I am saying is that there are two things that are almost physically impossible to take place and that is there was no trash from that student section that ended up hitting NU fans and there was no way some cigarette was chucked into the jersey of a Nebraska football player. At some point, gravity and diameter will weigh more heavily in this duscussion over exagerrated anecdotes.

BeachBuffs, are you saying that you have never been to a Colorado/Nebraska football game in Boulder? That would be the only way to explain why you think that the ONLY PLACE Husker fans were sitting was in the visitors section.

It would explain why you wouldn’t understand that people stand outside the stadium and sell their tickets. It would explain why you wouldn’t understand that because of this, there were Husker Fans scattered all throughout the stadium, some even sitting next to the Colorado student section. Having to explain this to you is like having to explain to someone that the sun rises in the East.

Having to hash over every single possible angle of this argument, the facts of which are not in dispute, is childish. I have such conversations with my four-year-old when she doesn’t want to get in trouble for something we both know she did. If you want to be treated like a child, then by all means keep up this ridiculous defense of what your students did that night.

If you want to be treated like an adult, just admit they screwed up and stop bickering over irrelevant trivia.

That field was COVERED with sh#t. It wasn't "5" students, it was the whole f'ing student section.

While I agree that some of the stories I read on this board sound blown out of proportion, or just seem to be false exaggerations, I know that visiting fans are treated much better in Lincoln than what I saw in Lawrence yesterday. I lived by Memorial stadium for 2 years, and walked all throughout the north bottoms before and after almost every home game during that stretch of time. I've been going to NU games my entire life, and I have never seen a Nebraska fan so much as verbally harrass another fan for no reason. Obviously I don't see everything that happens when 85,000 people go to a game, but considering the amount of time that I have spent in that atmosphere, having never seen any disrespect by Nebraska fans says a lot about our fan base.

Now proceed to call me a pu&&y or whatever it is you Puffs like to do when somebody calls out your snobby fan base for acting like retards.

"COVERED", eh? Watch for yourself, just after the 4 minute mark of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-iBSGviHw

I don't know about you, but I see a lot more field than garbage in that video. Looks like about 5 pieces of crap to me... on our sideline that is, clearly the 5 pieces of crap on Nebraska's side of the field were wearing headsets, you guys just hadn't realized it yet :lol:

WOW, that video was the best you had? While I saw garbage being thrown on the field I also saw people clearing it as it came flying on the field, and I guess you must live in some fantasy land that makes you believe that the only garbage thrown on the field was during the short time the cameras were on the stands and no garbage was thrown before or after. I think the only thing sadder then fans acting like a bunch of retards, is someone actually trying to downplay such behavior. As far as I am concerned you have just spoken volumes for CU fans.

WOW, that video was the best you had? While I saw garbage being thrown on the field I also saw people clearing it as it came flying on the field, and I guess you must live in some fantasy land that makes you believe that the only garbage thrown on the field was during the short time the cameras were on the stands and no garbage was thrown before or after. I think the only thing sadder then fans acting like a bunch of retards, is someone actually trying to downplay such behavior. As far as I am concerned you have just spoken volumes for CU fans.

Considering that the video was put up by a Husker fan, I'd say that it's a pretty good indicator of what happened (since the only bias the poster could have would be to make Nebraska look better, CU look worse, or both). I was at the game, and really what happened didn't look a quarter as bad as it's been made out to be by Husker fans over the past few years... maybe since there was nothing else to look at, it looked worse on television. Maybe I was just really digging on the bratwurst I was eating, who knows?

The end point is this: Continually debating this minuscule point in history is AT LEAST as stupid as anything that happened in the stands that day. Move on folks, move on...

BeachBuffs, are you saying that you have never been to a Colorado/Nebraska football game in Boulder? That would be the only way to explain why you think that the ONLY PLACE Husker fans were sitting was in the visitors section.

It would explain why you wouldn’t understand that people stand outside the stadium and sell their tickets. It would explain why you wouldn’t understand that because of this, there were Husker Fans scattered all throughout the stadium, some even sitting next to the Colorado student section. Having to explain this to you is like having to explain to someone that the sun rises in the East.

Having to hash over every single possible angle of this argument, the facts of which are not in dispute, is childish. I have such conversations with my four-year-old when she doesn’t want to get in trouble for something we both know she did. If you want to be treated like a child, then by all means keep up this ridiculous defense of what your students did that night.

If you want to be treated like an adult, just admit they screwed up and stop bickering over irrelevant trivia.

One last time, the section that was cleared out was right in the heart of the student section, the visitor section is almost on the opposite end of the stadium. If a Husker fan was hit then they were sitting right in the middle of the student section where those tickets are totally reserved for students, so there is only onepossibility, the Husker fan specifically went looking for trouble and sat in the student section even though his tickets were for somewhere else. I would have a hard time giving sympathy for such a move.

One last time, the section that was cleared out was right in the heart of the student section, the visitor section is almost on the opposite end of the stadium. If a Husker fan was hit then they were sitting right in the middle of the student section where those tickets are totally reserved for students, so there is only onepossibility, the Husker fan specifically went looking for trouble and sat in the student section even though his tickets were for somewhere else. I would have a hard time giving sympathy for such a move.

One last time - there were people in Husker colors sitting in sections near those students. I have talked to several people who were there, sitting one section over, who were the targets of these cups and bottles.

Your constant denial of facts is very telling of the mentality of you and other Colorado fans. You're always trying to shift the blame, as is your buddy scrumptious.

You two are not representing your school very well at all here. You should quit this before you dig yourselves any deeper.