KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

I don't know if you guys check out other boards within the Big XII, but have any of you Husker folks ever noticed that you're the ONLY ones who complain about opposing fans?

A Buff goes to Lawrence, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "eh, it was alright. The bars were kind of lame, but the game was fun."

A Longhorn goes to Columbia, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "the fans were kind of obnoxious afterwards, but we had a good time. Nothing too crazy."

A Jayhawk goes to Norman, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "they definitely don't respect our program at all, and Norman's an absolute hole, but their stadium is awesome... hell of a trip"

A Husker goes anywhere other than Waco, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "OH MY GOD!!! Some drunk fan grabbed my wife by her hair and threw her down 4 flights of stairs, then some guy peed on me during halftime!! And then after the game, I went to get my car, but some tow truck driving fan had it impounded, so I paid to get it out of the impound lot, but that's when I found out the tires had been slashed and the windshield was smashed in! And you know what they smashed my windshield in with?? MY BABY DAUGHTER!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

Seriously, you don't see these "I was treated horribly" threads on ANY other Big XII boards. Want some evidence? Here's the closest thing I could find on Soonerboard: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100736

Oh yeah, the Buffs fans are REAL horrible nowadays. Times change, it would be nice if you folks would make an attempt to "get with" those times.

While I think there is some truth to what you said, I also think there is more hatred toward Nebraska from most fan bases in the conference than there is for most other teams. As a result, they see the worst of the worst often times when they are the visiting team.

As a Colorado native, and a HUGE Husker fan, I can only relate my experience at Folsom from 2 years ago.

The year an entire section of the Folsom stadium was thrown out. Of course we didn't have the best seats, so as Husker fans we were bombarded with profanity. The only saving grace was that Nebraska won that game and shut them up big time.

All I can say is that I would never take my 10 year old boy to experience a great college sport to Folsom and wouldn't bat an eye to take him to Memorial Stadium. I would rather travel 8 hours and feel safe than 45 minutes and take my chances.

And to the NU fan at this years A&M game that actually engaged our family in conversation and when he found out we had traveled from Colorado to watch the debacle, requested we seek our money back and then offered a safe trip back. Class act all the way.

While I think there is some truth to what you said, I also think there is more hatred toward Nebraska from most fan bases in the conference than there is for most other teams. As a result, they see the worst of the worst often times when they are the visiting team.

That might well be the case, especially in North cities there's a lot of pent up frustration from the past 3 decades that's still being let out, but just the same, a lot of the horror stories I've heard from Nebraska folks are so ridiculous that there's no way I could possibly believe them.

I've been to and tailgated before every Buffs game from 1999 onward, and I've never once seen someone get their tires slashed, their windshield broken, or found some guy off in a corner meticulously trying to fit a D cell battery inside a marshmallow. I've seen a lot of people yell "you look ridiculous", or "come back when you're not dating your aunt" at Husker fans, but that's just harmless trash talk. If you're going to get upset about treatment like that though, I'd suggest you stop attending games outside of Lincoln*.

*unless the Huskers schedule a road game against BYU

I don't know if you guys check out other boards within the Big XII, but have any of you Husker folks ever noticed that you're the ONLY ones who complain about opposing fans?

A Buff goes to Lawrence, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "eh, it was alright. The bars were kind of lame, but the game was fun."

A Longhorn goes to Columbia, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "the fans were kind of obnoxious afterwards, but we had a good time. Nothing too crazy."

A Jayhawk goes to Norman, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "they definitely don't respect our program at all, and Norman's an absolute hole, but their stadium is awesome... hell of a trip"

A Husker goes anywhere other than Waco, he's asked how the experience was, he replies "OH MY GOD!!! Some drunk fan grabbed my wife by her hair and threw her down 4 flights of stairs, then some guy peed on me during halftime!! And then after the game, I went to get my car, but some tow truck driving fan had it impounded, so I paid to get it out of the impound lot, but that's when I found out the tires had been slashed and the windshield was smashed in! And you know what they smashed my windshield in with?? MY BABY DAUGHTER!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

Seriously, you don't see these "I was treated horribly" threads on ANY other Big XII boards. Want some evidence? Here's the closest thing I could find on Soonerboard: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100736

Oh yeah, the Buffs fans are REAL horrible nowadays. Times change, it would be nice if you folks would make an attempt to "get with" those times.

It's not just nowdays. In the 80's went to one CU game with my bil and sister, and he grabbed both of us and pulled us through the crowd just so we would make it out without getting seriously hurt. Ok, I'm no small person I'm 6'1 and at the time 175 lbs, my bil is 6'4 350 and we were scared for our lives. It is the last time I have ever went to a CU game in Boulder, and I have vowed to never go back.

Went to the ISU game in Ames in '03 I think, they beat us, my 8 yr old son and I who are Huskers along with my Hubby who is a Clone were walking out. Some drunk sob got in my 8 yr olds face and called him a loser. Needless to say my hubby had a chat with the gentlemen while he was holding him off the ground, while other ISU fans, that were very nice helped my son and myself out the gates to wait by security.

I think Nebraska fans get the brundt because for years we had the powerhouse, and people just really dislike us. So now that we aren't that good, they have alot of aggression to release.

Unfornately picking on old people and little kids is pretty classless. But that is life. Real men wouldn't say anything anyway.

Well, in Columbia 2 years ago, the dips$&ts tore down the goal posts after beating an unranked Nebraska team on their home field. As they are walking through campus chanting "f#*k nebraska! f#*k nebraska!" one dipsh*t proceeds to get in my wife's face(she is 5'2") and say "yeah, f#*k you, f#*k nebraska!" Does anyone honestly think that is right? Maybe Husker Nation missed that day in class where they taught you how you are supposed to cater to opposing fans with profanities and violence. God bless our stupid asses for treating others like human beings.

I don't know....we don't go to many games either where the refs have to stop the game to have the STUDENT SECTION CLEARED OUT {{cough cough, CU}}

I have NEVER seen or heard of someone at a game in Lincoln getting treated like we do at some of these other places. I was in Missouri for the overtime game 10 years ago, and there were people walking up to my brothers wife, who is the meekest person on the face of the earth besides JC himself, and was hurling insults and shoving her.

There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. If you can't control yourself, stay at home and watch the game on TV and beat your wife and kids. These people forget that we probably spend an average of $300 a person to go to these places, that is outside revenue that most of these places can't do without...maybe they should put out the welcome wagon rather than trying to run us out of town?

If I were ever to see a Husker fan treating someone else in this way, I would stand up, and I would say something....and I bet there would be a dozen others standing behind me to back me up. You never see that at these other places...why is that? Maybe they have no pride in their school, and all it is, is an excuse to get drunk, shoot off their mouth, and show how juvenile they can be.

I don't know....we don't go to many games either where the refs have to stop the game to have the STUDENT SECTION CLEARED OUT {{cough cough, CU}}

Oh yes, those HORRIBLE Colorado students, how could 5 of them throw empty water bottles at a patch of Folsom's grass? My god, it's amazing that one of the Nebraska players (standing 50 yards away) wasn't seriously injured by one of those things, they weigh at least 2 ounces!

And let's not give credit to the stadium security for just clearing out a section of fans before anything got out of hand... yeah, it would have been a lot better if the refs and stadium security just did nothing in that situation... you know, like what the folks in Lincoln did when Nebraska's student section threw garbage at Brandon Drumm after he scored on your vaunted Blackshirts in 2002.

Oh yes, those HORRIBLE Colorado students, how could 5 of them throw empty water bottles at a patch of Folsom's grass? My god, it's amazing that one of the Nebraska players (standing 50 yards away) wasn't seriously injured by one of those things, they weigh at least 2 ounces!

And let's not give credit to the stadium security for just clearing out a section of fans before anything got out of hand... yeah, it would have been a lot better if the refs and stadium security just did nothing in that situation... you know, like what the folks in Lincoln did when Nebraska's student section threw garbage at Brandon Drumm after he scored on your vaunted Blackshirts in 2002.

That field was COVERED with sh#t. It wasn't "5" students, it was the whole f'ing student section.

While I agree that some of the stories I read on this board sound blown out of proportion, or just seem to be false exaggerations, I know that visiting fans are treated much better in Lincoln than what I saw in Lawrence yesterday. I lived by Memorial stadium for 2 years, and walked all throughout the north bottoms before and after almost every home game during that stretch of time. I've been going to NU games my entire life, and I have never seen a Nebraska fan so much as verbally harrass another fan for no reason. Obviously I don't see everything that happens when 85,000 people go to a game, but considering the amount of time that I have spent in that atmosphere, having never seen any disrespect by Nebraska fans says a lot about our fan base.

Now proceed to call me a pu&&y or whatever it is you Puffs like to do when somebody calls out your snobby fan base for acting like retards.

yeah I 'm sure thats all they did to have the whole section ejected.... and your right EVERYONE is lying about the tire slashing thing........ your going to believe what you want too.

Well, then, we're obviously making it all up. :rollin

That field was COVERED with sh#t. It wasn't "5" students, it was the whole f'ing student section.

While I agree that some of the stories I read on this board sound blown out of proportion, or just seem to be false exaggerations, I know that visiting fans are treated much better in Lincoln than what I saw in Lawrence yesterday. I lived by Memorial stadium for 2 years, and walked all throughout the north bottoms before and after almost every home game during that stretch of time. I've been going to NU games my entire life, and I have never seen a Nebraska fan so much as verbally harrass another fan for no reason. Obviously I don't see everything that happens when 85,000 people go to a game, but considering the amount of time that I have spent in that atmosphere, having never seen any disrespect by Nebraska fans says a lot about our fan base.

Now proceed to call me a pu&&y or whatever it is you Puffs like to do when somebody calls out your snobby fan base for acting like retards.

"COVERED", eh? Watch for yourself, just after the 4 minute mark of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-iBSGviHw

I don't know about you, but I see a lot more field than garbage in that video. Looks like about 5 pieces of crap to me... on our sideline that is, clearly the 5 pieces of crap on Nebraska's side of the field were wearing headsets, you guys just hadn't realized it yet :lol:

That story makes me sick, i guess we don't know how to take success. In every sport their are stupid fans, not to turn this one around but 2 years ago when we won a group of your fans came into my favorite bar and smashed pictures and slashed the felt on the pool tables then ran off, poor sportsmanship is everywhere hopefully it is represented in a vast minority.

"COVERED", eh? Watch for yourself, just after the 4 minute mark of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-iBSGviHw

I don't know about you, but I see a lot more field than garbage in that video. Looks like about 5 pieces of crap to me... on our sideline that is, clearly the 5 pieces of crap on Nebraska's side of the field were wearing headsets, you guys just hadn't realized it yet :lol:

ok they had already stopped the game and had walked over to the area... so there clearly had been things going on before that to get the officials attention.