Sellout Record in Jeoprady?

jjamuss

I am curious to know what people think about the sell out IF bill is retained for another year? Do the donors pull their money and let their seats go to the next bidder? Is firing BC the only way to keep the record intact? Is the sellout record the only thing that Nebraska has left?

Sorry if this is beating a deadhorse, but I got to thinking about it at the Lawrence game as the only time they sell out is when Nebraska comes to town and I started thinking how much I have taken for granted with the 80K+ everytime we play at home.

I think we should keep coming and pressuring TO to can BC... thats the only thing we can do as fans, unless we want to act out CU style and throw shiznit on the field!

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

It almost ended under Solich.

We are lucky we had the first 4 wins. If not it would be over by now.

I think we get through this weekend, because some booster will buy them up.

But without a major name as head coach next year we will be in real trouble If we don't start off well.

I do not see a major name coach coming to Nebraska. There is no reason to anymore. Cowherd made some very interesting comments this morning about Nebraska and why we would return but never to what we were. I have felt that way for a long time. We are no longer a mecca for college football, we have to beg to get recruits here, other just have to ask.

I don't think the sellout record is in jeopardy at all. With all our records dropping like flies why would the fans make the choice to end the only record we control? That makes no sense to me. Want to assure that the Nebraska job becomes even MORE unattractive? Here's how: Take away the selling point that about best fans and best fan support in America.

There are still lots of thing about the Nebraska HC job that are very attractive, big time tradition, state of the art facilities, big stadium, tons of fan support, in a big time conference with ties in to BCS Bowls. Yes there are more attractive jobs out there now, but we are from middle of the pack, at least now.

Do you understand how the sell out works? All of the tickets were sold before the season begain... except for a hand full that might come back from the other team (not likely considering Husker fans call there Athletic Dept. for tixs) The only way it would stop is if the boosters bailed and the people that are on the waiting list bail (not entirely accurate but good enough for this). Lastly people LOVE this team and program just because we have a bad year (or two) dosent mean we stop going... It sucks to see us lose but the entire event out weighs the sting of a loss in my book....

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

It almost ended under Solich.

We are lucky we had the first 4 wins. If not it would be over by now.

I think we get through this weekend, because some booster will buy them up.

But without a major name as head coach next year we will be in real trouble If we don't start off well.

I do not see a major name coach coming to Nebraska. There is no reason to anymore. Cowherd made some very interesting comments this morning about Nebraska and why we would return but never to what we were. I have felt that way for a long time. We are no longer a mecca for college football, we have to beg to get recruits here, other just have to ask.

I was listening to Cowherd also. What I was thinking about was how we built so much of those teams with the kids in Nebraska, not 4 or 5 stars but just kids that were only asking for a chance to see if they could play good enough to help. You can't measure heart. We did get a lot of diamonds in the rough that turned out to be All Big 8 & 12 and All America players. Sprinkeld in with a few of 4 stars and a lot of 3 stars we did all right for 40+ years. It could happen again. What do you think?

GBR!!!

First, Callahan has no chance of returning as head coach.

Second, the sellout streak is not in jeopardy. Anyone who thinks it is knows nothing about the UNL athletic department or the ticket situation. The waiting list is huge and it would get even larger if the required season ticket "donation" were reduced or dropped (which would happen long before the university put the sellout streak in jeopardy).

Third, what is it going to take for people to realize that recruiting is an art and not a science? Kansas is 9-0 and has zero 5 star players and only one 4 star player on their roster. The art of recruiting is not about signing the best rated player at every position, it's about finding great athletes that will play together with a common purpose (not a selfish purpose). There are plenty of great athletes that would love to play for Nebraska. Maybe it isn't the to place for kids that only want to play in the NFL, but it is without question one of the best environments in the world to play "college" football.

I think loyalty and tradition truly mean little in today's world. It is very obvious on this board. We are not loyal as a fan base, why should you expect the kids to be.

Once there was no place else for in state kids to go. Now they are being recruited by most Big 12 schools if they have the talent. And quite a few leave.

It is no longer about living and breathing Nebraska from the day you are born. It is about how can I get on ESPN and make a big name for myself so I can get the big contract. Winning NC means very little in that sense. It used to be we were a big TV draw, but now almost every program has it's time on TV.

They have become all about ME. We never faced that in the day, or at least not like now.

The boos in the stadium this year did nothing for our recruiting either. We have lowered to every one else's level. So why not go where it is warm, nice and play for them if they ask you.

We have been begging for talent for the last 6 years. SC turns it down because they have too many. They had something like 60 kids there this weekend on visits.

Nothing could have been worse for this program than what this year has done. We needed this staff to be successful. It is going to take a long time to overcome this if we ever do.

I didn't get a chance to hear Cowherd today, however I did hear a caller on USC today that reiterated what Cowherd (supposedly) said. That's part of the problem, most of those who don't live in/around Nebraska, aren't from there or never have been there to behold a game (or many people who have been to Memorial stadium) or just don't know anything about college football, view Nebraska as this place. From what Cowherd reportedly said regarding the weather, etc. it really is quite an ignorant approach. The weather is no different than Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, etc. AND you throw in the fact that Nebraska had managed that quite easily for the past 40+ years, really makes that argument quite laughable.