Keltin's Chicken Wings

Fried Buffalo Wings

Ingredients:

6 whole chicken wings

Bottle of favorite sauce

Preparation:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Pre-heat frying oil to 350 degrees.

Cut the wings into the three separate pieces of drumette, wing piece (middle piece), and wing tip. Freeze the wing tips for later use in stocks. Deep fry the 6 drumettes in the 350 degree oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until they begin to float. Remove to paper towels to drain. Next, deep fry the wing pieces for 8 to 10 minutes or until they begin to float. Remove to paper towels to drain.

Put the fried drumettes and wing pieces in a large bowl. Pour a liberal amount of sauce (BBQ, Sweet and Sour, or hot sauce) over the wings. Using a large spoon or spatula, turn the wings into the sauce for a minute or so until the wings are completely covered in the sauce. Place the sauce covered wings on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5 to 8 minutes to set the sauce and thoroughly heat the wings through. Serve with more sauce for dipping if desired.

---------------------------

And that’s pretty much it. Fairly easy and very tasty. I’ve tried baking them with sauce and without sauce, and frying them with and without breading, and this technique is by far my favorite way to make wings. I hope you like it! Naturally, you can do more than 6 whole wings (12 pieces total), but that is how many I do for the two of us when I cook them.