Kuli in the OWH

An article with recruit Kuli regarding the situation at Nebraska...like the following quote:

"Tom Osborne knows the game front to back with his eyes closed," Kuli said. "Whoever he hires as a coach, it's not going to be an ordinary coach. It's going to be a coach who can get the job done."

As much as I hate to put Omaha World Herald links in a post...Fracking Pop-ups!

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10178179

That right there might be a good indication that there is going to be a new hire. Another thread just popped up speculating that he'd give callahan one more year if he fired coz and some assistants.

Kuli seems to think that there is going to be a need for a new coach. Wonder where he got the idea from that TO is going to hire someone?

Hmm...didn't TO give him a call?

Everytime I write this, I get 10 replies giving me the smackdown, but would Kuli really commit to Nebraska as the #1 JUCO DL in the country, if someone hadn't had the "people we might be considering as coach" discussion with him? I'm not saying TO confided some secret plan to recruit a new coach to a recruit, but I believe this is evidence that there is a plan in motion right now. I just don't believe the Kuli would have committed to having Cosgrove as his DC, when LSU was his leading choice for much of the process, and they have a much better DC by the name of Pelini. Is Kuli's commitment a harbinger of things to come? We'll know in a few weeks for sure. I just think it's very interesting.

Everytime I write this, I get 10 replies giving me the smackdown, but would Kuli really commit to Nebraska as the #1 JUCO DL in the country, if someone hadn't had the "people we might be considering as coach" discussion with him? I'm not saying TO confided some secret plan to recruit a new coach to a recruit, but I believe this is evidence that there is a plan in motion right now. I just don't believe the Kuli would have committed to having Cosgrove as his DC, when LSU was his leading choice for much of the process, and they have a much better DC by the name of Pelini. Is Kuli's commitment a harbinger of things to come? We'll know in a few weeks for sure. I just think it's very interesting.

I hear what you're saying, but would TO really give this kind of information or power to an incoming recruit? I don't believe he would.

IMO, TO took the AD position with the same sort of criteria that $ Byrne had when he started at A&M. I think a new coach was in the plans before Pud was "let go". Even though TO may have never directly spoken to whoever this new coach is, I believe the wheels of motion have been turning for a month or so.

It wasn't long ago that Harvey stood up on the podium stating he didn't know who the next AD would be. He gave this "we'll select a search committee" speech. Within just a couple of days, he stood at the same podium announcing TO for AD. I think a plan has been there for quite some time. I think the potential new HC has been contacted and must have give a firm go ahead. IMO, there's a lot more going on than some would like to believe.

I totally agree, who knows if Kuli made the decision based on the fact that he knows someone will be the coach, or it could just be the fact that he likes Nebraska and believes that he will be a dominant force here playing amongst the Big XII teams. These are the type of players Nebraska needs to be apart of the team!

My favorite comment:

"As soon as that airplane landed, I felt at home at Nebraska," Kuli said. "I don't know what it is, for some reason, Nebraska's always been inside of me when it came to choosing a school. When I thought about it, I knew deep down, I always wanted to be a Blackshirt. It was a calling."

Finally, somebody who gets it...

My favorite comment:

"As soon as that airplane landed, I felt at home at Nebraska," Kuli said. "I don't know what it is, for some reason, Nebraska's always been inside of me when it came to choosing a school. When I thought about it, I knew deep down, I always wanted to be a Blackshirt. It was a calling."

I hope hes not the only one at practice wearing one next year. <_<

GBR!!!

My favorite comment:

I hope hes not the only one at practice wearing one next year. <_<

GBR!!!

As for the coach whose advice Kuli relied on most? That was Oklahoma assistant Kevin Wilson, who told Kuli to pick a school at which he could envision himself in the long term.

Everyone should send a thank you letter to Kevin Wilson even though thats probably not the team he had in mind when he told him this.

Even though T.O. probably never told him there would be a coaching change it kind of gives you idea what Kuli thinks of Callahan. He probably would decommit if Callahan was to stay.