What if...

Okay, I know that this is way, way on the outer edge of possibility, but here's something that just struck me. As we've all noticed, regardless of how many points KU hung on us, the O did score 39 points on a very decent defense (okay, I know that KU, having scored 11 TDs, had to kick off to NU at least 12 times so out of 12 possessions 39 points isn't that great... but we can ignore that for the time being). What if Billy C does get another season, gets a good DC, and actually does well next year.

How crappy would we all feel? Yikes... I wonder how many hindsighters we'd have who knew how great he was "all along." Hmm... this is totally just kicking the ol' peanut, but really... Hmm... I guess I'd get to the front of the like at the crow kitchen. But since this most likely will NOT happen, I'm not that worried about it... What's the purpose of this thread? Nothing much... I'm just a bit worried about the ENTIRE fanbase being humbled so soundly :D

Hell, why not give him another season? I'm sure there's some more humbling records that he's yet to own while being here. Let him have a good year next year, so that we can bring him back for another one to achieve even more humbling records.

Seriously, I would be willing to give him another chance with a different staff next year if our offense was doing well. However, our offense isn't very good. We couldn't even get into the endzone against the #95th ranked Mizzou D. I'm not going to look up where our offense is ranked, but I do know that it isn't that good. It would probably look even worse if teams weren't blowing us out and putting the scrubs in the game.

Let's say I had a favorite steakhouse. Let's say I ate there every Saturday for 30 years, and for 30 years I had great meal after great meal, the next one greater than the last, until finally after 30 years the last dozen or so meals were the most magnificent food I had ever eaten.

Then let's say the Head Chef of the steakhouse retired. They hire a new guy. The food is good for a while, but after a few years you can tell - it's not the same. They're using different spices, or the veal isn't so fresh. So in a fit of pique the owner cans the new chef and goes out to find a new chef.

After a search he says he has found THE GUY. This guy doesn't know how to cook steak to save his life, but he CAN make crudite like nobody's business. So this guy comes in and starts making food. Every Saturday I go in, but clearly the food is not good. It gets worse, it gets worse still, until finally I get food poisoning so bad that I spend a month in the hospital, clinging to life. I get better, and in the meantime the Head Chef fires his sou chef and promises to get a new sou chef, and wants me to come back.

Now, are you telling me that I'm supposed to be happy with this guy because the croutons on my salad were pretty good?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't eat there again.

And I'll tell you another thing - neither would Tom Osborne.

Let's say I had a favorite steakhouse. Let's say I ate there every Saturday for 30 years, and for 30 years I had great meal after great meal, the next one greater than the last, until finally after 30 years the last dozen or so meals were the most magnificent food I had ever eaten.

Then let's say the Head Chef of the steakhouse retired. They hire a new guy. The food is good for a while, but after a few years you can tell - it's not the same. They're using different spices, or the veal isn't so fresh. So in a fit of pique the owner cans the new chef and goes out to find a new chef.

After a search he says he has found THE GUY. This guy doesn't know how to cook steak to save his life, but he CAN make crudite like nobody's business. So this guy comes in and starts making food. Every Saturday I go in, but clearly the food is not good. It gets worse, it gets worse still, until finally I get food poisoning so bad that I spend a month in the hospital, clinging to life. I get better, and in the meantime the Head Chef fires his sou chef and promises to get a new sou chef, and wants me to come back.

Now, are you telling me that I'm supposed to be happy with this guy because the croutons on my salad were pretty good?

:yeah Even if the guy could turn it around, we wouldn't know for 10 months if he had. There will be a lot of healing going on in those 10 months if we get a new guy we are excited about. And if he brings in a good DC we would be as well off on defense anyway and offensively we couldn't be worse.

Okay, I know that this is way, way on the outer edge of possibility, but here's something that just struck me. As we've all noticed, regardless of how many points KU hung on us, the O did score 39 points on a very decent defense (okay, I know that KU, having scored 11 TDs, had to kick off to NU at least 12 times so out of 12 possessions 39 points isn't that great... but we can ignore that for the time being). What if Billy C does get another season, gets a good DC, and actually does well next year.

How crappy would we all feel? Yikes... I wonder how many hindsighters we'd have who knew how great he was "all along." Hmm... this is totally just kicking the ol' peanut, but really... Hmm... I guess I'd get to the front of the like at the crow kitchen. But since this most likely will NOT happen, I'm not that worried about it... What's the purpose of this thread? Nothing much... I'm just a bit worried about the ENTIRE fanbase being humbled so soundly :D

cocaine is a helluva drug...

:yeah

I really like your analogy, I find it to be rather accurate.

There is NO CHANCE IN HELL of that happening!!!!!!!!

Being a Chef let me start off by saying.........huh?(it's "Sous" chef) =) but anyway good analogy......

I agree T.O isnt going to eat there again either :bonez

May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in Callahan's short...!!!!!

good offense; bad offense.....better team next year or not i think we have to look at BC's opinion of Husker nation and i think he believes we are a bunch of back water farmers or something.....he has no respect for our traditions or beliefs...i think that is obvious.....i dont want a guy leading the team that represents every nebraska born son and daughter that thinks we are just sheep that will follow him around not matter what he does.....

Nice analogy.

...T_O_B