...handed the national title over Penn State because it was Tom Osborne’s turn...

I would say that Colorado team might have been one of the best Colorado teams ever. The Big Eight probably had the best 3 teams playing that year.

I gotta disagree with that one. I think it was 1971 when us, OU, and CU were 1-2-3 in the country. That CU team was the best I've seen in my 50 years.

But back on the subject of worst NC since 1992:

1997 Michigan - 1st in total defense but 44th (!) in offense, and barely beat a weak Ryan Leaf led Wazzu team. Every computer game (such as they were back then) that matched us and them had us crushing Blue

Nebraska is Hated around here so much, it's very very hard being a big red fan in PA but i wouldn't have any other way

GBR

I got to witness this first hand in "happy" valley in 2002. Spit on, shoved to the ground "by accident", cursed at, and having to look at F**K Nebraska t-shirts throughout the stadium. Youz'nz weren't very nice that night!

(from just south of the mason-dixon line)

There used to be a site (on Sagarins?) that ranked the best 100 teams of all time.

We had the top 2 spots ('95 & '71), but our '94 and '97 teams also made the top 25.

The respective PSU and Mechicken teams were somewhere in the 60-80's.

Wish I could see an updated list somewhere.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...timeNCF/bracket

ESPN's greatest of All-Time playoff. Plus, check out this video if you haven't:

Throw in the fact that Nebraska played most of the season with and 2nd string QB and one games vs. a top 25 team with their 3rd string QB. Nebraska's defense in '94 was awesome. Berringer was good, but if Frazier plays the entire season, that 1994 would have been even better.

:yeah Don't forget to mention that most of the offensive line of the 95 were second string behind the like of Wiegert, Stai and even Zatechka who made made it to the NFL. Wonder how good those team would have been without any of the off field problems they had those years IE Frazier bloodclots and Lawrence Phillips problems.

Don't forget that Nebraska played against two possible NFL Hall of Famers on the Miami team they beat in the Orange Bowl.

There used to be a site (on Sagarins?) that ranked the best 100 teams of all time.

We had the top 2 spots ('95 & '71), but our '94 and '97 teams also made the top 25.

The respective PSU and Mechicken teams were somewhere in the 60-80's.

Wish I could see an updated list somewhere.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation...timeNCF/bracket

ESPN's greatest of All-Time playoff. Plus, check out this video if you haven't:

Already had those in my Fav. List.

THe link I was talking about came out in 1998?, but last time I tried using it to win an argument, it was no longer there.

I would say that Colorado team might have been one of the best Colorado teams ever. The Big Eight probably had the best 3 teams playing that year.

I gotta disagree with that one. I think it was 1971 when us, OU, and CU were 1-2-3 in the country. That CU team was the best I've seen in my 50 years.

But back on the subject of worst NC since 1992:

1997 Michigan - 1st in total defense but 44th (!) in offense, and barely beat a weak Ryan Leaf led Wazzu team. Every computer game (such as they were back then) that matched us and them had us crushing Blue

Nebraska is Hated around here so much, it's very very hard being a big red fan in PA but i wouldn't have any other way

GBR

I got to witness this first hand in "happy" valley in 2002. Spit on, shoved to the ground "by accident", cursed at, and having to look at F**K Nebraska t-shirts throughout the stadium. Youz'nz weren't very nice that night!

(from just south of the mason-dixon line)

I was at the game also. It was bad I don't know how i got outta there w/ my red on. They were in my face from before till after the game. It didn't help that they killed us that year too. I will say i met a lot of Husker fans before the game, some really nice people. That game pretty much started the "white out" i can remember getting an email that week telling everyone to wear white to white out the red.

PSU fans are by far the worst in the country. but i just laugh at them, like on youtube when Mich lost to app st. they were all chanting, then "State Penn" lost to Mich gotta love it.

but that was my first and only Husker game I really want to come out some time to go to a game