Huskers still #1 in recruiting war.

With the season being over, it's quite obvious the coaching will be moving there attention full time to recruiting. It could get scary to see who the Huskers pull now that the staff can dedicate 100% of their time to it. I know these are articles, but they all center directly on recruiting.

Callahan shifts total focus to recruiting

Nebraska has also moved to #1 on the rivals team standings. This will not last unless the Huskers can pull a few more big fish. Teams like Oklahoma, Ohio ST., Auburn and many other in the top ten only have about 10-16 recruits. Nebraksa's total is up to 20. But still pretty damn good considering.

rivals.com

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
I think we'll be ok, even if we get knocked off the top spot...I'm looking forward to next year, and hoping Callahan can improve with players to his choosing.

Yea, I expect to finish somewhere in the top 10 or maybe even top 5.

Huskers are no longer #1. Oklahoma has taken the top spot after they signed a few players over the past week. We will be lucky to stay in the top 5, especially if we dont sign some people this weekend.

We are so use to being top 5 or at least top 10 in the football polls, that we are now begging for a high rating in recruiting. The rating might help pull over a guy who is on the verge of signing already, but the actual rating itself is so subjective and rarely is accurate in the seasons to come that we shouldn't put much wait into it.

It looks like we will have a good class this year and that is all that should really matter. I'm excited to see what Coach Cal can start doing with his own players over the next couple of years.

GO YOUNG RED!!!

We are so use to being top 5 or at least top 10 in the football polls, that we are now begging for a high rating in recruiting. The rating might help pull over a guy who is on the verge of signing already, but the actual rating itself is so subjective and rarely is accurate in the seasons to come that we shouldn't put much wait into it.

It looks like we will have a good class this year and that is all that should really matter. I'm excited to see what Coach Cal can start doing with his own players over the next couple of years.

GO YOUNG RED!!!

It's a tad more accurate than people think. USC, LSU, Florida State, Miami and Michigan were the top 5 classes last year. 2 BCS bowls, 2 New Years Day bowls, and a New Years Eve bowl bodes pretty well for those 5 teams.

I think it's important to note that all the 4/5* kids don't pan out, but having them there in the 1st place is much better than not having them at all. I can't wait for the next few years as well!

We are so use to being top 5 or at least top 10 in the football polls, that we are now begging for a high rating in recruiting.  The rating might help pull over a guy who is on the verge of signing already, but the actual rating itself is so subjective and rarely is accurate in the seasons to come that we shouldn't put much wait into it.

It looks like we will have a good class this year and that is all that should really matter.  I'm excited to see what Coach Cal can start doing with his own players over the next couple of years.

GO YOUNG RED!!!

It's a tad more accurate than people think. USC, LSU, Florida State, Miami and Michigan were the top 5 classes last year. 2 BCS bowls, 2 New Years Day bowls, and a New Years Eve bowl bodes pretty well for those 5 teams.

I think it's important to note that all the 4/5* kids don't pan out, but having them there in the 1st place is much better than not having them at all. I can't wait for the next few years as well!

You guys crack me up, "We're #1 in recruiting, everyone else can eat our smoke!!! Oh, we're not #1 anymore, well it really doesnt matter that much."

"We need all these 4/5* guys, oh well they don't always pan out anyways, but it's better to have them then to not have them."

What, which one is it? Really, in the long run, it doesnt really matter because callahan couldnt lead a pig to the trough, so if he has 5* or 2* recruits, I wouldnt expect the results to change much.

Just like I said weeks ago that NU would not end up #1 in recruiting, maybe not it the top ten, callahan will never, ever, ever, ever lead NU to the greatness that it once had. This is the truth, heed my words.