Just got back from Boulder and....

hskrdedhed

Just remember this has all been brought up from the author who's mantra is to burn his own team's colors out of shame and troll every single CU site that exists so he can copy and paste whatever is written on those sites to paste here so he can stir the pot. Remember his first sentence started out with "CU fans didn't dissapoint". Remember the thread where just about everyone agreed that if you go looking for trouble you just might find it? There's your poster boy for looking for trouble.

There are bad fans everywhere and some of our fans have not behaved in a respectable manner in these trying times , but to ever compare the bahavior of CU fans to NU fans is comical. As far as i know the Husker student section has never been ejected from a game and nobody in Lincoln has been hit with a D battery or a urine filled water balloon.

Not that they didn't try, though. Unlike some CU students who threw some water bottles at an uninhabited patch of grass, some NU students took it upon themselves to throw bottles at A PERSON (Brandon Drumm) after he scored in Lincoln in 2002.

Don't even try to look down your nose at CU for fan behavior, not anymore. Not after this year. Find a story for me about a CU fan threatening the life of a CU coach, or one about CU fans booing the children of our head coach, THEN you can go ahead and say whatever you want.

"Throwing water bottles at an uninhabited patch of grass"? Damn maybe CU should give them baseball scholarships. :sarcasm

Just remember this has all been brought up from the author who's mantra is to burn his own team's colors out of shame and troll every single CU site that exists so he can copy and paste whatever is written on those sites to paste here so he can stir the pot. Remember his first sentence started out with "CU fans didn't dissapoint". Remember the thread where just about everyone agreed that if you go looking for trouble you just might find it? There's your poster boy for looking for trouble.

Hate to break it to you Zeek , but I have never ever posted on any CU board or any other boards besides Husker football boards. You have me mistaken. You ought to be banned for slander. Hey Mods? Is slander a bannable offense?

CU fans suck....they don't stand up and take the stand that sportsmanship is right....they just keep allowing this kind of thing to go on.

Real lack of class...learn to be a good sport, then maybe you will learn how to win. 6-6 isn't anything to brag about.

I would like to speak on this subject from both sides.

I was raised on CU football and went throught many, many losing years. I witnessed them first hand and have seen more Husker beatings than I care to remember. My parents knew a place we could park for free way back when, but we had to walk through the Harvest House to get to the stadium. This was in the 70's, and Big Red fans took over that hotel and would "hold court" throughout the hotel grounds. As we would walk through, they would laugh and make rude comments about how much we sucked and how much we would lose by. The OU fans would also make their pilgramige each year, but seemed more interested in having fun than insulting us. This is not hearsay, but true experience. Because of this, there is no team I like less than NU.

However, having said that, there is nothing that disgusts me more than our own "student fans" at CU. It doesn't seem to change over the years, they are horrible. We have witnessed them throwing snowballs, using horribly bad language, and displayong bad behavior. When they threw snow balls 15 years ago, fortunately CU fans were quick to point out the offenders and they were thrown out. I can't stand them. The fact is, a huge majority of them are not football fans at all, they go to get wasted (it is actually worse after the beer ban, they sneak in the hard stuff) and "hang out" until they bored.

It is the Boulder "culture", and how rediculous it is to group all of Colorado with them. We are a state much like yours, and we are very insulted when someone sterotypes us with the "Mountain Berkeley". Most of those "kids" are not from Colorado, so don't conclude that we raise such swine.

My husband and I often complain that the alumni fans should just get together and walk over to the student section and "en masse" kick their butts. I hope that Hawkins will continue to call for class, but without a big butt kicking, I am not sure that can happen.

Good Luck with your next coach, I am sure that you guys will do the smart thing this time and pick someone that appreciates your tradition of walk-ons, home-breds, character, and running the fooball!!!

Good observations on fan behavior. I was not at those games in the 70's but have no doubt it happened. It sucks that people like that have to ruin it for others. Also, your evaluation of the CU "sudent fans" seems to be right on the mark. Its nice to see someone from CU that is not in denial about it or just dismisses the behavior as normal.

Thanks for the wishes on our coach search. Good luck to you guys in your bowl bid.

CU fans suck....they don't stand up and take the stand that sportsmanship is right....they just keep allowing this kind of thing to go on.

Real lack of class...learn to be a good sport, then maybe you will learn how to win. 6-6 isn't anything to brag about.

I would like to speak on this subject from both sides.

I was raised on CU football and went throught many, many losing years. I witnessed them first hand and have seen more Husker beatings than I care to remember. My parents knew a place we could park for free way back when, but we had to walk through the Harvest House to get to the stadium. This was in the 70's, and Big Red fans took over that hotel and would "hold court" throughout the hotel grounds. As we would walk through, they would laugh and make rude comments about how much we sucked and how much we would lose by. The OU fans would also make their pilgramige each year, but seemed more interested in having fun than insulting us. This is not hearsay, but true experience. Because of this, there is no team I like less than NU.

However, having said that, there is nothing that disgusts me more than our own "student fans" at CU. It doesn't seem to change over the years, they are horrible. We have witnessed them throwing snowballs, using horribly bad language, and displayong bad behavior. When they threw snow balls 15 years ago, fortunately CU fans were quick to point out the offenders and they were thrown out. I can't stand them. The fact is, a huge majority of them are not football fans at all, they go to get wasted (it is actually worse after the beer ban, they sneak in the hard stuff) and "hang out" until they bored.

It is the Boulder "culture", and how rediculous it is to group all of Colorado with them. We are a state much like yours, and we are very insulted when someone sterotypes us with the "Mountain Berkeley". Most of those "kids" are not from Colorado, so don't conclude that we raise such swine.

My husband and I often complain that the alumni fans should just get together and walk over to the student section and "en masse" kick their butts. I hope that Hawkins will continue to call for class, but without a big butt kicking, I am not sure that can happen.

Good Luck with your next coach, I am sure that you guys will do the smart thing this time and pick someone that appreciates your tradition of walk-ons, home-breds, character, and running the fooball!!!

Good observations on fan behavior. I was not at those games in the 70's but have no doubt it happened. It sucks that people like that have to ruin it for others. Also, your evaluation of the CU "sudent fans" seems to be right on the mark. Its nice to see someone from CU that is not in denial about it or just dismisses the behavior as normal.

Thanks for the wishes on our coach search. Good luck to you guys in your bowl bid.

Look, I'm not trying to make an argument that NU fans aren't classy, I'm simply defending my school from being called classless. Something that I'm extremely tired of hearing from Husker fans and something that is entirely unwarranted.

What irks me to the nth degree is that whenever you hear about a Husker fan doing something horrible people say "oh, well every fan base has a couple bad fans" before going back to worshipping the Husker faithful.

On the other hand, when a CU fan does something horrible everyone immediately chimes in with this "yup, their whole fan base is garbage. Decent human beings are in the minority in Boulder, everyone's always drunk and raping eachother" BS, and I'm entirely tired of it.

If you want to look down on other fan bases now, you're gonna have to figure out how to do it when staring up from the ground, because after all the nonsense that some of your fans have pulled this year, you guys no longer have a leg to stand on when it comes to condemning bad fan behavior.

I think what you keep failing to realize is this: while we are speaking in a football context, much of what is said around the country about CU/Boulder is not in the football context.

Regardless of CU fans behavior at games, there is a perception that CU fans are conceited...pompous, all outside of football. They simply represent Boulder/CU residents as a whole.

There are far many more "BoulderHippies" than "sCrUmptious" fans out there.

Congrats on the win yesterday.

Look, I'm not trying to make an argument that NU fans aren't classy, I'm simply defending my school from being called classless. Something that I'm extremely tired of hearing from Husker fans and something that is entirely unwarranted.

What irks me to the nth degree is that whenever you hear about a Husker fan doing something horrible people say "oh, well every fan base has a couple bad fans" before going back to worshipping the Husker faithful.

On the other hand, when a CU fan does something horrible everyone immediately chimes in with this "yup, their whole fan base is garbage. Decent human beings are in the minority in Boulder, everyone's always drunk and raping eachother" BS, and I'm entirely tired of it.

If you want to look down on other fan bases now, you're gonna have to figure out how to do it when staring up from the ground, because after all the nonsense that some of your fans have pulled this year, you guys no longer have a leg to stand on when it comes to condemning bad fan behavior.

I think what you keep failing to realize is this: while we are speaking in a football context, much of what is said around the country about CU/Boulder is not in the football context.

Regardless of CU fans behavior at games, there is a perception that CU fans are conceited...pompous, all outside of football. They simply represent Boulder/CU residents as a whole.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Let me take an example from AllBuffs, we had one asshat that condemned Hawk for saying that he would yank the team off the field if the students acted like tards, 95% of the responses on the thread were chastising this guy for disagreeing with that decision. 90% of CU fans want nothing more then to keep the action on the field and not in the stands, so when there is a post about how ALL the CU fans are crappy, dope smoking, hippy, rapists, perhaps we might take exception. Ironically, check out the the profile of the author of this thread, I am neither a hippy or a pot smoker, however the author claims to be.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Let me take an example from AllBuffs, we had one asshat that condemned Hawk for saying that he would yank the team off the field if the students acted like tards, 95% of the responses on the thread were chastising this guy for disagreeing with that decision. 90% of CU fans want nothing more then to keep the action on the field and not in the stands, so when there is a post about how ALL the CU fans are crappy, dope smoking, hippy, rapists, perhaps we might take exception. Ironically, check out the the profile of the author of this thread, I am neither a hippy or a pot smoker, however the author claims to be.

When have I claimed to be a pot smoker? I havent smoked pot in years. Are you perhaps stereotyping me due to my screen name? I have done certain things when I was younger , but havent been a regular drug user for quite some time now. Hell , I even quite drinking recently. What have I ever done to you to cause you to slander me?

It doesn't matter really, we won, no problems at the field, Huskers were having fun in the first half, Buffs had fun in the second, as much as people want to make up horrible things, there is more evidence to suggest that it was a pretty incident free game. Hopefully next year you all are 10-0 and we are 10-0 and make this game really count for something.

It doesn't matter really, we won, no problems at the field, Huskers were having fun in the first half, Buffs had fun in the second, as much as people want to make up horrible things, there is more evidence to suggest that it was a pretty incident free game. Hopefully next year you all are 10-0 and we are 10-0 and make this game really count for something.

Amen. Good luck in your bowl game.

WOW this thread got really out of hand there for awhile. Bottom line is every fanbase has it's jerks and whether we like it or not we witnessed some of our own this season turning into jerks! If we need to sit here and try and make ourselves believe we are the greatest fans in all of football then we are not! I for one am just a fan. Do I yell at my team and get upset if they do something wrong and sometimes underneath my breath curse the players? Yes I do!!! Is this a religion here in Nebraska? Hell yes it is and really can you blame the people of Nebraska for feeling this way about this University.

Colorado has it's good and bad fans as do we. Their student section has given them more grief than anything else and that's not their fault. I realize some of the personal experiences there by Nebraska fans has been bad as has some CU fans experiences here in Nebraska. Do I hate CU and want to beat them every damn year? You bet I do!!!! They feel the same way about us. We can try and deny the fact that this is a rivalry, but it is and this thread shows you exactly why it is. OU is a more respect and tradition rivalry and CU is a hate and I want to rip your throat out rivalry. Enjoy this until we meet again CU because whomever the new coach is may just turn things around quicker than you think. ;)

And what about the CU fans who backed you up? Classless urchins as well?

Yeesh, get over yourself already. It's a college football game, and a rivalry game at that, you're in the student section, and you get offended by a few F bombs? What did you think you were going to hear, Raffie lyrics?

Sorry but the F-bomb lives on every elementary school yard today just as it did 50 years ago when I was a kid.

...T_O_B