What are you listening to right now?

Haven any of you heavy metal aficionados been able to get into the Killer Be Killed album?

I wouldn't say it's a bad album by any stretch, but considering who is in the group I can't help but think they should have set the bar a little higher. Can't really get into it, but the internet seems to love it. Maybe I'll have to take another crack at it..

Haven any of you heavy metal aficionados been able to get into the Killer Be Killed album?

I wouldn't say it's a bad album by any stretch, but considering who is in the group I can't help but think they should have set the bar a little higher. Can't really get into it, but the internet seems to love it. Maybe I'll have to take another crack at it..

From the few tracks I have heard, it seems to suffer from the same issues that plague a lot of 'supergroups' is that it just doesnt stand out. The tracks seemed to somehow feel a a mash up of a lot of generic ideas. Some parts on a given track would stand out a bit to me, then drop away.

From the few tracks I have heard, it seems to suffer from the same issues that plague a lot of 'supergroups' is that it just doesnt stand out. The tracks seemed to somehow feel a a mash up of a lot of generic ideas. Some parts on a given track would stand out a bit to me, then drop away.

The two tracks I've heard on XM, I've really liked. I can see where you guys would see faults with it, but here's something to remember. This is the first time these guys have actually ever made music together. I'd be more critical if they made a second album.

Pretty much. It's like they tried to cram all the styles of their bands into one project. At the same time, the straight-forward stuff kind of reminds me of Newsted's album, but much better executed. Listening to it a 3rd time, and it's starting to grow on me. A lot of good stuff, but I think it's the style that didn't convince me right away.

Would recommend to the casual metal fan.