What are you listening to right now?

power corruption and lies- new order- age of consent

album-power-corruption-lies.jpg

New Order huh? Not bad, but I've always favored Joy Division. Something about the raw nature of Ian Curtis' lyrics and vocals just can't be beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGQc2k9y7s&feature=related

foo suuure i like JD better but i really also like a lot of New Orders early stuff as well.. sometimes they tried a little too hard but with Power Corruption and Lies they kinda came into their own......

power corruption and lies- new order- age of consent

New Order huh? Not bad, but I've always favored Joy Division. Something about the raw nature of Ian Curtis' lyrics and vocals just can't be beat.

foo suuure i like JD better but i really also like a lot of New Orders early stuff as well.. sometimes they tried a little too hard but with Power Corruption and Lies they kinda came into their own......

True, and you have to respect a band that was able to not only continue after the death of their lead singer, but actually make some really good music in the aftermath. Very few bands have been able to accomplish that.

social distortion- prison bound

not a big a fan of Social D as i once was but still really enjoy this anthem with the fun guitar solo.....

as for the video this is a 80's billabong film featuring among others north shore charger Ronnie Burns....he was a big influnce for me as a surfer around during the mid/late 80's before being found dead near his motor bike up in the mountains from a heart condition and ashma....

the guy was 6'2 and f'ing charged sooo hard... video shows great smooth style... the guy drew simple lines that were graceful and brilliant.. he ripped and the section of him charging G land in INdo is heavy..... 2:03-2:35 is gnarly

enjoy rip ronnie