Sean Taylor

Battery

I know some Redskins fans and I know they are going to take it the wrong way when I tell them my view on ST's untimely demise. opinion is opinion so F it, that guy started a chain of events that led to his death, he was involved with dozens of shady mofos in south FL never more then ever a good citizen ST had many a tet-a-tet with the police in Florida and other states in this nation. I will give it up to the man because he was trying to turn a new leaf, to shed the troubled life he was brought up in and become a model citizen... but he was only about 35% there, he was still stuck in the swampy bog of young-adult-male-hood where the respect of your "boys" and the "keepin-it-real" attitude keeps a boy (not yet a man) from realizing the things that are REALLY important. ST was still maintaining a hard-as-the-streets persona in S. FL while he was making multi-millions of dollars a year in the NFL for playing a game.

A while ago while Sean was not at home someone broke in and stole nothing but they left a knife on the bed in the master bedroom... Sean's bed, where I come from that is a not so subtle notice to get the F out of dodge. but Sean-Be-Tha-Mon was way to hardcore to let that phase him so on a weekend where his team, a team that he is considered to be a leader of, plays a important conference game... Sean is not with his team safe and sound, no, he is in the home that has been invaded at least once before challenging the people that may want him out of town or even dead to make a move... and make a move they did.

Life is a combo tilt-a-whurl-roller-coaster... nobody ever knows for sure where the next turn is coming from or where the ride is going to end, but some of us keep our eyes wide and stay strapped in... Sean Taylor did not live his life that way. Sean Taylor made a fatal mistake, he thought that rising from the ashes of a hard childhood to fourtune made him invincible, he forgot that all the other kids he grew up with did not have the foutune that he had.

The Police, The FBI, The CIA, the whoever can keep telling me this was a random act of violence during a burglary, but there was nothing stolen, there was only a man shoot multiple times in the groin. To me that dosen's sound like a buglary, it sounds like a poorly exicuted yet effective HIT.

I am not a fool, that man is dead for a reason. I may be cinical but I know right from wrong, Sean Taylor put himself in the situation that lead to his death. It sucks, and I hope nothing like this ever happens again... but deep down I know that is whishful thinking.

the guy had problems... who dosen't? the more I think about it I don't give a f#*k about the circumstanses, a tiny little girl lost her father, a woman lost her man and family lost their most promising son. this world is a great place when you stop to take a long look at it, but if you pause too long you see the ugly side. the people that took Sean Taylor from this world are that ugly side, there are so many great things to experiance in this world, so few people realize that... it is a small tragedy.

RIP ST

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey y'all Tiger Fan here in DC, came to the board to some Gator Bowl talk, and wanted to see in I can find any Redskins fans here as well.

As a life long Skins fan, nothing hurt the organization more than losing Sean Taylor. He was one of those players who only come along every so often. A true talent and work horse, and he was dearly loved by the fans. He was a very misunderstood guy, and was trying his best to be the best father he could be and the best free safety in the NFL. He was a team leader, and for such a ferocious hitter, a really well mannered, humble, and quiet guy (he rarely talked to the media, but would chat it up with fans). He is missed, and I'm happy the Redskins honored him by inducting him into their Ring Of Fame.

On a lighter note, are there any former Nebraska greats that went on to the Redskins?

• 2 weeks later...