Lets get past the rumors for a second.

Ganz is going to have his hands full trying to keep his starting job next year. I wouldn't be shocked if he is backing up again next year. He better hit the training room and build up his arm strength. The two behind him have it, and there will be a different offense to learn next year.

GBR!!!

Inevitably the offense and defense will change next year so how will the current talent level of the team be utilized in a non west coast style of gameplan.

I think ganz is good enough to run any offense in college football and he will have a couple damn exciting backs to watch in helu and castille not to mention that I think the O line will be pretty damn good.

What about the D? Any young players you folks are looking forward to seeing smash some heads like thenarse.

Overall I think the talent pool is pretty good and I think next year may be better than we think.

what are your thoughts?

I'm telling you Asante and Turner are going to break out in 2008 under a new system.....Dirty Dale is convinced Asante will be moved up to a Weakside LB and blitz like a Demario Williams or Terrel Farley

Why does everyone assume that we'll change our offensive scheme? That seems like a step backward. It too two years for the WC to get rolling here... I don't think anyone at UNL is willing to wait two years for another new scheme to work before we win ball games. Seems like we've been recruiting for the WC. It worked well. Ganz is well-versed in it. I can see some hybrid offense where we throw in some new twists... but a whole new scheme?! Again?!

Why does everyone assume that we'll change our offensive scheme? That seems like a step backward. It too two years for the WC to get rolling here... I don't think anyone at UNL is willing to wait two years for another new scheme to work before we win ball games. Seems like we've been recruiting for the WC. It worked well. Ganz is well-versed in it. I can see some hybrid offense where we throw in some new twists... but a whole new scheme?! Again?!

A whole new doesn't mean two years. At least now we have athletes in place.

I think the talent is there. If we get a good staff here, I envision a " John Blake-to-Bob Stoops transition at Oklahoma" type of turnaround. Since the talent was there, and Stoops had a good staff-- they were able to become contenders quickly.

I agree that Ganz would be multi-dimensional, and that we're loaded at RB. Thenarse, Blue, and Culbert are three guys that I'm looking forward to seeing emerge. Also, I wonder which WR will standout like Purify did.

This is what I am hoping happens. Blake was crap as a head coach but one hell of a recruiter. It was Stoops and his staff that one the NC.

Inevitably the offense and defense will change next year so how will the current talent level of the team be utilized in a non west coast style of gameplan.

I think ganz is good enough to run any offense in college football and he will have a couple damn exciting backs to watch in helu and castille not to mention that I think the O line will be pretty damn good.

What about the D? Any young players you folks are looking forward to seeing smash some heads like thenarse.

Overall I think the talent pool is pretty good and I think next year may be better than we think.

what are your thoughts?

What happened to Mendoza this year? Also, looking forward to Niles seeing alot of action next year! ;)

what are your thoughts?

Any reason for leaving Lucy out? Do you have the notion that he will leave?

I think the talent is there. If we get a good staff here, I envision a " John Blake-to-Bob Stoops transition at Oklahoma" type of turnaround. Since the talent was there, and Stoops had a good staff-- they were able to become contenders quickly.

I agree that Ganz would be multi-dimensional, and that we're loaded at RB. Thenarse, Blue, and Culbert are three guys that I'm looking forward to seeing emerge. Also, I wonder which WR will standout like Purify did.

Blue Culbert & Thenarse will bring back a awesome BLACKSHIRT defense!

Menelik Holt will be the next MO Purify!

I think that the defense is stacked! Blue, Culbert, Thenarse, Dillard, Akumura (sp). It will be a matter of making sure tha that the players fit the scheme, not who fits the scheme!

You did not mention a DL --- and therein lies one of many problems. Blue, Culbert, Thenares and Amukamura have each played fewer than 100 snaps of college football. Stacked?!!! These guys may be good, or great, or poor --- no one knows, they have not played enough to say.

I love your enthusiasm, really I do --- but the NU defense is far, far from stacked. There were more than 100 defenses out there last year that were better -- yes coaching had a lot to do with that, but there were (and are) talent issues as well. If the Huskers have a top 30 defense next year that would be astounding progress.

There was severe lack of speed last year. One thing is certain --- the players you do mention are a speed improvement over what we had --- still, the athletes are not there on defense (or really on offense either). The Huskers overall talent going into the B12 next year is likely somewhere between # 5-8 in the conference, no more (and likely no less).