Eric the Red's wish list

Like I've said, we have roughly a half dozen free rides available. If I could have six guys that Nebraska has on their board here it is. Here is a wish list of guys the Huskers need to get. (In order of necessity) I've took into consideration the guys that have already committed.

1. DT James McKinney - The lack of pressure was so obvious and lacking. Although he won't start, depth is required at this position on this type of a man scheme. He would be a great steal from Michigan and FLorida. It's always great to get a guy away from the big dogs of the recruiting world.

2. DB Reggie Smith - We have come so far with this kid. He has visited us, we have visited him. He is such a pure athlete, there are so many positions he could play. This would be our third recruit out of the Sooner state. Nebraska would garner commits from three of the top four players in the state of Oklahoma. Reggie is a smart kid, never leaving a stone unturned. He has played the recruiting process perfectly, unable, through all the articles and interviews, to lead on about what school he favors. Who knows when he'll commit, but the Huskers will for sure leave a 'ship for this player.

3. DE Raymond Henderson - (see player #1, McKinney) We need speed and pressure on the QB. Henderson could supply some of this. Unlike the inside, I can see Hernderson seeing more time on, say, third down because it would be more of a pass rush instead of trying to fend off 300 pounders on an ISO directed in his gap.

3. DE Barry Turner - Still has rated the Huskers visit as the best. Will compare all others to Lincoln. The Huskers have a better than average shot at him. Same mold as Henderson, just not as much a physical specimen.

5. WR Nyan Boateng - All pro - all world like ability. Has been considered a Hukser for some time, but wants to shine in the Army all star game. So let it be. The guy has a flamin' 40 inch vertical. ALthough he missed his entire senior season due to injury, I don't think we need to worry that much. There was another All-American from Purdue that missed his entire senior seaon due to injury , with and ankle injury of all things. Has done okay. His name - Drew Brees.

6.Martellus Bennett TE - This would be the greatest Christmas present of all. He probably have the least chance at getting him out of all the players I have listed here. It's not a must, but he would sure help out. He's 6'7" can jump and has the softest hands. Perfect for the passing game.

I like those 6, but I think I would like to put Adam Meyers-White, BJ Vickers and Ndamukong Suh in there somewhere. Meyers-White seems really smooth and suited to play in a year or two at safety, and Vickers would help immediately at receiver. And Suh just looks like an absolute monster! Out of those 9, give me 4 or 5 and I'd be thrilled. What a class we have coming in!

I like those 6, but I think I would like to put Adam Meyers-White, BJ Vickers and Ndamukong Suh in there somewhere. Meyers-White seems really smooth and suited to play in a year or two at safety, and Vickers would help immediately at receiver. And Suh just looks like an absolute monster! Out of those 9, give me 4 or 5 and I'd be thrilled. What a class we have coming in!

Who would you rather have: Adam Myers-White or Reggie Smith or Nic Harris?

from the videos ive seen Boateng is hands down th best athlete on the board. far and awy above Reggie Smith IMO. plus he wud be a HUGE addition to our BBall program. so that puts him at the top.

If he comes here, he won't play Bball. Nobody has ever been able to compete at a high level in both sports. Most of the time they quit one over the other.

If he comes here, he won't play Bball. Nobody has ever been able to compete at a high level in both sports. Most of the time they quit one over the other.

I believe that Wilson Thomas was able to compete in both sports. He just had to start the basketball season a few weeks later than the other guys on the team.

from the videos ive seen Boateng is hands down th best athlete on the board. far and awy above Reggie Smith IMO.  plus he wud be a HUGE addition to our BBall program. so that puts him at the top.

Donovan McNabb

I would say that Eric is wrong by stating that no one has ever made it by being a two sport star in college, however I think that the better statement would be that not many people make it to be stars in both sports. There are execptions to the rule but for the most part, athletes struggle when trying to do both.