SIGNED: LB Micah Kreikemeier

Color me unimpressed...

Hmmm... where can a 4.8 guy play? Not TE or DE, or LB, or WR, RB or DB. Too slow for all of those positions. If he is 285 pounds and 4.8, then a DT would be good.

Where could a 6'4'' 220 pound kid play? WR if hes 4.4 - 4.5. TE if 4.55 - 4.6. DE if 4.5 - 4.60.

A 6' 4'' 220 pound 4.8 guy? I can't see where one could play.

There must be something we do not know about this young man. Or, perhaps the measurables reported are off. Maybe its 4.6 not 4.8. Or 260 and not 220. I don't know, but if accurate, then I'm with you.

Major Culbert was listed as running a 4.79 40 when he was being recruited, Holt was listed as a 4.75. I think those guys "appear" much faster. I just hope there isn't a rush to inject anybody and everybody that plays high school football in the state of Nebraska. I like the idea of the focus of pumping more Husker blood into the program, but that doesn't mean that we need to take everyone that wants to come here.

I remember hearing about a kidd a while back being recruited by Osborne. Offered him a scholarship early. Kid was skinny and on nobody's radar..... and I guss nobody could understand why you give this guy a scholarship.

So when Osborne is asked why, Milt Tenopir was standing there and responds because he's got big feet, He'll grow into those feet..(size 13s if I recall correctly)....

That skinny kid with the big feet was Zach Wiegert. Take it easy gang. TO's no fool. If he offered a scholarship to this kid it's because he sees potential. No heart attacks, please.

Sounds like he would have walked on possibly, but regardless is still very excited about the opportunity...

Just read a big article on him from Rivals and he sounds like a project, but I trust TO and for everyone that is kind of mad we would offer a kid like this or whatever just think about it like this, how many scholarships do we lose or mess around with every year with guys who don't qualify, wait until the last day and don't sign, or sign and then leave because of whatever reason.

At least we're getting a guy who bleeds husker red and TO probably feels its important to have a certain number of those guys. Now if TO keeps offering the rest of our scholarships like this then I will worry because we have a bunch of needs for next year and can't afford to give our last 5 or so scholarships on projects.

Color me unimpressed...

Hmmm... where can a 4.8 guy play? Not TE or DE, or LB, or WR, RB or DB. Too slow for all of those positions. If he is 285 pounds and 4.8, then a DT would be good.

Where could a 6'4'' 220 pound kid play? WR if hes 4.4 - 4.5. TE if 4.55 - 4.6. DE if 4.5 - 4.60.

A 6' 4'' 220 pound 4.8 guy? I can't see where one could play.

There must be something we do not know about this young man. Or, perhaps the measurables reported are off. Maybe its 4.6 not 4.8. Or 260 and not 220. I don't know, but if accurate, then I'm with you.

Major Culbert was listed as running a 4.79 40 when he was being recruited, Holt was listed as a 4.75. I think those guys "appear" much faster. I just hope there isn't a rush to inject anybody and everybody that plays high school football in the state of Nebraska. I like the idea of the focus of pumping more Husker blood into the program, but that doesn't mean that we need to take everyone that wants to come here.

And you have to remember, Holt's 40 times was from his junior year, which was laser timed.

Culbert's was from either the Palo Alto or Eugene Nike Camp, IIRC. It was raining that day, and his time was also laser (electronic) timed.

Take this kids 40 times, add about .25-.30 and you get a more accurate 40 time for him.

who gives a crap if rivals or scout dosent have him on their list of so called top 100 or 500 players in the country some of those players end up being busts anyways and it could turn out that this kid could have more heart and talent then alot of those guys