SIGNED: LB Micah Kreikemeier

Color me unimpressed...

I agree, waste of a scholarship....he said himself, he was ready to walkon

You could be right, but I can't think of a better way to start the healing process with the people of Nebraska. Sometimes you have to go above and beyond to show your intentions and how serious you are about your commitment to your vision and beliefs. JMHO

Besides, I think we have enough talent at this time to get away with treating a few (very few, but a few) Nebraska kids very good if for no other reason than to show the state what they mean to the University of Nebraska. I like it.

GBR

Color me unimpressed...

Hmmm... where can a 4.8 guy play? Not TE or DE, or LB, or WR, RB or DB. Too slow for all of those positions. If he is 285 pounds and 4.8, then a DT would be good.

Where could a 6'4'' 220 pound kid play? WR if hes 4.4 - 4.5. TE if 4.55 - 4.6. DE if 4.5 - 4.60.

A 6' 4'' 220 pound 4.8 guy? I can't see where one could play.

There must be something we do not know about this young man. Or, perhaps the measurables reported are off. Maybe its 4.6 not 4.8. Or 260 and not 220. I don't know, but if accurate, then I'm with you.

Major Culbert was listed as running a 4.79 40 when he was being recruited, Holt was listed as a 4.75. I think those guys "appear" much faster. I just hope there isn't a rush to inject anybody and everybody that plays high school football in the state of Nebraska. I like the idea of the focus of pumping more Husker blood into the program, but that doesn't mean that we need to take everyone that wants to come here.

And you have to remember, Holt's 40 times was from his junior year, which was laser timed.

Culbert's was from either the Palo Alto or Eugene Nike Camp, IIRC. It was raining that day, and his time was also laser (electronic) timed.

Take this kids 40 times, add about .25-.30 and you get a more accurate 40 time for him.

The way 40 times are listed and reported is all over the map. If he is that slow, perhaps this was not a good offer. Who knows. I think Osborne should let Pelini offer who he wants here.

I remember hearing about a kidd a while back being recruited by Osborne. Offered him a scholarship early. Kid was skinny and on nobody's radar..... and I guss nobody could understand why you give this guy a scholarship.

So when Osborne is asked why, Milt Tenopir was standing there and responds because he's got big feet, He'll grow into those feet..(size 13s if I recall correctly)....

That skinny kid with the big feet was Zach Wiegert. Take it easy gang. TO's no fool. If he offered a scholarship to this kid it's because he sees potential. No heart attacks, please.

Osborne also overlooked my brother-in-law's brother. Told him he didn't have any room for him and asked him if he would walk on back in 1984. Kid was 6'2", hadn't quite filled out yet, but could run like a deer and 360 dunk a basketball. He told Osborne to shove it, played for Buda at UNO and now has an award for the best Tight End/Receiver named after him and was drafted in the NFL before any of Osborne's players in 1988.

Osborne missed out on a few kids too. ;)

Offering this kid may have been a waste of a scholarship if he was already willing to walk-on.

Color me unimpressed...

Hmmm... where can a 4.8 guy play? Not TE or DE, or LB, or WR, RB or DB. Too slow for all of those positions. If he is 285 pounds and 4.8, then a DT would be good.

Where could a 6'4'' 220 pound kid play? WR if hes 4.4 - 4.5. TE if 4.55 - 4.6. DE if 4.5 - 4.60.

There must be something we do not know about this young man. Or, perhaps the measurables reported are off. Maybe its 4.6 not 4.8. Or 260 and not 220. I don't know, but if accurate, then I'm with you.

Major Culbert was listed as running a 4.79 40 when he was being recruited, Holt was listed as a 4.75. I think those guys "appear" much faster. I just hope there isn't a rush to inject anybody and everybody that plays high school football in the state of Nebraska. I like the idea of the focus of pumping more Husker blood into the program, but that doesn't mean that we need to take everyone that wants to come here.

And you have to remember, Holt's 40 times was from his junior year, which was laser timed.

Culbert's was from either the Palo Alto or Eugene Nike Camp, IIRC. It was raining that day, and his time was also laser (electronic) timed.

Take this kids 40 times, add about .25-.30 and you get a more accurate 40 time for him.

The way 40 times are listed and reported is all over the map. If he is that slow, perhaps this was not a good offer. Who knows. I think Osborne should let Pelini offer who he wants here.

I remember hearing about a kidd a while back being recruited by Osborne. Offered him a scholarship early. Kid was skinny and on nobody's radar..... and I guss nobody could understand why you give this guy a scholarship.

So when Osborne is asked why, Milt Tenopir was standing there and responds because he's got big feet, He'll grow into those feet..(size 13s if I recall correctly)....

That skinny kid with the big feet was Zach Wiegert. Take it easy gang. TO's no fool. If he offered a scholarship to this kid it's because he sees potential. No heart attacks, please.

Osborne also overlooked my brother-in-law's brother. Told him he didn't have any room for him and asked him if he would walk on back in 1984. Kid was 6'2", hadn't quite filled out yet, but could run like a deer and 360 dunk a basketball. He told Osborne to shove it, played for Buda at UNO and now has an award for the best Tight End/Receiver named after him and was drafted in the NFL before any of Osborne's players in 1988.

Offering this kid may have been a waste of a scholarship if he was already willing to walk-on.

To be correct 3 players were taken before Beckman: Neil Smith in the 1st round, Tim Rother in the 4th round and Keith Jones in the 6th round.

The Beckman award is given to the Offensive MVP at UNO each year.

Color me unimpressed...

To be correct 3 players were taken before Beckman: Neil Smith in the 1st round, Tim Rother in the 4th round and Keith Jones in the 6th round.

3 kids, who's counting. ;) Still better than 90% of the shlubs that got a free ride over Brad. Ever play in the golf tourney?

Color me unimpressed...

3 kids, who's counting. ;) Still better than 90% of the shlubs that got a free ride over Brad. Ever play in the golf tourney?

No I haven't

I get the point on even TO missing out on a few. I heard Marshall Faulk interviewed a few weeks back and he said TO wanted him but as a DB. Faulk was all state in CA as a DB but wanted to play RB in college.

I hope Kreikemeier turns out to be a great one.

His measureables appear very similar to Josh Williams.

I understand that 40 times aren't all created equal, and just because their numbers are the same doesn't mean they are the same class of player.

My point is that it doesn't make sense to me why a 4.8 forty is ok in Josh's case but has to be a bad thing in Micah's.

I understand that 40 times aren't all created equal, and just because their numbers are the same doesn't mean they are the same class of player.

My point is that it doesn't make sense to me why a 4.8 forty is ok in Josh's case but has to be a bad thing in Micah's.

Well said. A lot of people still think they know more about football than the coaches we have. Sean Fisher is 6'4'' 200 and 4.8 speed no one is doubting the offer to him. He had 124 total tackels this year. As a former player, I think that is impressive.

Well said. A lot of people still think they know more about football than the coaches we have. Sean Fisher is 6'4'' 200 and 4.8 speed no one is doubting the offer to him. He had 124 total tackels this year. As a former player, I think that is impressive.

it is because Sean Fisher played in Omaha and Micah played Class C.

btw he is a 4.0 student with a 30 ACT

Just sayin' he has the same measureables

Just sayin' he has the same measureables

i agree, and i was just saying that the only reason no one is questioning Sean Fishers offer is that he play HS ball in Omaha, and had offers from Oklahoma. doesnt mean that he is going to be better than Micah at all

Being from up around the West Point area, I've seen this kid play. He plays both sides of the ball and on special teams. This kid was double and triple teamed in the two games I watched him play. He's a very smart player, who seems to know where the ball is, and has a knack for being in the right places to make plays. For his size he's a tough SOB.

Played DE, OLB, and TE. He primarily plays DE.

Here's some of his numbers for his Senior year: 125 Tackles, 38 solo, 3 sacks, 2 fumble rec., 1 INT, 4 blocked punts.

Not bad numbers if he was getting double and triple teamed by most of the teams in their conference. I don't recall many DE's with those types of numbers in C2. I don't see any reason why he wasn't selected first or second team for C2 except for maybe some politics being played by coaches to get their players on. JMO but it does happen.