Go Big Red Recipes For December 7th

Roxy

This coleslaw recipe is great...this is the only recipe I will make from now on and I have tried many...we loved it. Using the half and half is what makes it really good.

Coleslaw:

1 pkg. coleslaw mix

Dressing:

You can use a jar..but...I just whipped all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mixed it well.

1 cup salad dressing-I used Miracle Whip

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons vinegar

Pinch of salt...I used 1/8 teaspoon

Pinch of pepper...I used 1/8 teaspoon

Add enough half and half (1/2 to 2/3 cup) to fill jar. *I used 2/3 cup. Mix with coleslaw. Refrigerate for several hours...I stirred it a couple of times when it was in the refrigerator.

Herbie's Hot Wings

24 chicken wings or use drummettes

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup hot sauce (pepper)

3 teaspoons vinegar

2 packages Hidden Valley Ranch mix

1/2 tsp. paprika

Preheat oven to 350. Dip chicken in mixture of melted butter, pepper sauce and vinegar. Put in baking pan. Sprinkle with 1 package of dry dressing mix. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with paprika. Make dip from sour cream and second package of dressing mix.

Little Bombs

A baker’s dozen fresh jalapeno peppers

1 8 oz. block cream cheese

1 package egg roll wrappers

Cut a slit out of the jalapeno, leave stem. Scrape out seeds & fill with cream cheese. Punch a small hole at the triangle side of the egg roll wrapper, push stem side through & wrap burrito style. Add a little bit of flour/water mixture to seal. I usually place in fridge for 30 min. or so. Deep fry at 375º for about 4 minutes. Serve with jalapeno jelly and sour cream if desired.

With the left over wrappers fill with cheese sticks & serve them to the youngsters or people who don’t care for the heat!