Go Big Red Recipes For December 12th

Roxy

Paula's House Seasoning is wonderful...I put it on alot of dishes...mashed potatoes, pork chops, etc. It really adds flavor to any kind of dish you make and I highly recommend it.

Paula Deen's House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Stir the ingredients together. Keep the seasoning in a shaker near the stove for convenience.

Chicken And Rice Casserole

Place whatever parts of a chicken that you like in a crockpot. Mix together in a pan: 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 to 1 cup milk. You can use cream of celery soup in place of the chicken soup if desired. Heat the above ingredients together. When it is heated, put the mixture in a big bowl and mix 1 cup or more of Minute Rice...I use more... and 1 envelope dry onion soup mix or dry onion soup with mushrooms in it. I also add chopped onion, garlic and sliced fresh mushrooms. Pour this mixture over the chicken and cook on low for several hours till it is done. I put this on in the morning around 8 a.m. and we have it at 8 p.m. or so

The next recipe is a recipe that I got from a dear friend.. Mo..she is an excellent cook and this recipe got rave reviews:)

Mo's Chicken & Rice

4 cups cooked chicken, diced

3 cups chicken broth

8 oz. sour cream

2 cups Minute Rice

2 cans 'cream of soups' (chicken or mushroom or a combo of both)

1 medium, sauteed onion (optional)

2 tubes crushed Ritz crackers

1 stick melted butter

Cook the chicken, when cooled debone and dice. Mix with the broth, rice, soups and sour cream. Add sauteed onion, if using. Mix well. Place in a greased 9x13 casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter and add to the crushed crackers. Mix. After 20 minutes, sprinkle over the partially cooked casserole. Bake an additional 15 minutes, until crackers are browned and casserole is bubbly.

Crockpot Chicken Soup

7 c. water

6 chicken bouillon cubes

3 or 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

3/4 c. celery, chopped

3/4 c. onion, chopped

3/4 c. carrots, cubed

1 T. parsley

salt & pepper to taste

1 c. potato, cubed

* Zesty Garlic Pasta Secrets (1/2 bag) - found in the freezer section

Place all in crockpot (on low), except potato & Pasta Secrets. After chicken is done, cut into bite size pieces, add back to the crockpot with Pasta Secrets & cook until potato is done.

* If you don't want to use Pasta Secrets, add small noodles of your choice.