I see the future and what i see is........

Travis9

I see the future and what I see is....

NCAA SLAPS COLORADO FOOTBALL PROGRAM WITH THREE YEAR PROBATION

INDIANAPOLIS---The NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee has upheld all findings and penalties against the head coach and the recruiting coordinator at the University of Colorado.

The head coach and recruiting coordinator appealed specific findings of violations as determined by the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions. The complete infractions report can be found on the NCAA Web site at http://www.ncaa.org/.

The case centered on violations of NCAA bylaws governing recruiting inducements, impermissible tryouts, unethical conduct, falsification of recruiting records and institutional control of recruiting funds.

"This case involved a large number of serious violations including academic fraud, and reflected a general disregard for the governing rules," the report said.

Penalties for the violations involve vacating the football records of the past two seasons; placing the university on probation for three years; accepting the reduction of the number of football scholarships; and placing the head coach on a two-year show-cause order. Under this show-cause penalty, if the head coach seeks athletically related employment with another NCAA member school during the next two years, he and the hiring institution must appear before the Committee on Infractions to determine whether his duties should be limited.

Hawkins declined interview requests

Rumor has it that his own kid will be the one to turn him in... :lol:

Darrel Scott is a good back. he will do well, no doubt, but he will never put up 250 against NU NEVER. You guys are heading in the right direction and soon will be back to the norm for the Buffs 8 to 9 wins a year and not beating anyone you shouldnt beat.

NU is on the way to where they should be, 8 or 9 wins is a BAD YEAR.

OK. What makes you say that? What evidence do we have that NU is headed to 8-9 win seasons in an off year?

Really? We lost 6 of the last seven. Our senior class that just left took with it many starters. Our team speed was 9th or 10th in the conference last year. Our defense was ranked in the 100's. Our offense was stuffed against all the good defenses we played. We missed a bowl game for the second time in 4 years. We have a new HC without any experience as a HC. We hired three unemployed coaches for the staff and two graduate assistants. We have a DC who was a High School coach several years ago and never has been a DC. Our recruits are bailing. One of our two hopes for the future of the QB position has been arrested and we don't know where that will go. Kansas is on the rise. Missouri is on the rise. Colorado is on the rise. They all own scoreboard on us. Recruiting in Kansas, in Colorado and in Missouri will be more difficult than ever. Even keeping in-state boys, something unheard of before, is not a certain thing anymore.

Just what in all of this inclines you to think that NU is heading to typically better than 8-9 win seasons? Just what in this gives you a platform to rail on the CU folks?

OK. I hate CU football too. But, frankly --- be not surprised when the CU fans deride you after they beat us again. We may win. But that is by no means a thing that one would predict with assuredness. If anything, Colorado is going to be heavily favored.

Until NU does something on the field we as NU fans should shut up and with the trash talk. We are in no position to trash talk anyone.

I disagree. Kansas, Texas, Colorado, and K-State all had better defenses than Missouri, AtM, or Okie State. hell we even moved the ball against USC and they had the best defense in the country. The fact our offense had three poor performances against three BAD defenses says more about the psyche of the football team and our coaching than our overall ability on offense.

It will suck for you though when Darrel Scott rings up about 250 yards and 4 td against the Blackskirts :)

Maybe on the old version (2007) of the Blackshirts. Watch out for the 2008 and future Blackshirts. The "Bones" will have more meaning next year and beyond.

:restore:bonez:restore

How so, you will be using the same people because you aren't getting any recruits........ :box

Even after losing our recruits (from nebraska.rivals.com).

18 Nebraska 19 2 2 13 3.11 1,223

19 Clemson 16 1 6 5 3.25 1,213

20 Maryland 18 0 6 8 3.11 980

21 Colorado 14 0 6 6 3.29 977

So, we still have better recruits than you do. I'm not saying that I would not have liked to have the guys that decommitted, I'm just saying we are ranked higher than you are without them. However, after the last 4 years, I don't put much faith in these rankings though.

It will suck for you though when Darrel Scott rings up about 250 yards and 4 td against the Blackskirts :)

Maybe on the old version (2007) of the Blackshirts. Watch out for the 2008 and future Blackshirts. The "Bones" will have more meaning next year and beyond.

How so, you will be using the same people because you aren't getting any recruits........ :box

So, we still have better recruits than you do. I'm not saying that I would not have liked to have the guys that decommitted, I'm just saying we are ranked higher than you are without them. However, after the last 4 years, I don't put much faith in these rankings though.

no offense.. but obviously.. your using a recruiting site to grade these rankings.. how well does this normally pan out? we need the guys that want to come to play for the huskers, not the big names that just wanna launch pad to the NFL.....

no offense.. but obviously.. your using a recruiting site to grade these rankings.. how well does this normally pan out? we need the guys that want to come to play for the huskers, not the big names that just wanna launch pad to the NFL.....

Agree completely, thus the last sentence of my post.

isnt that basically what his last sentence was saying?

but why even make the statement then? you must have some belief in the rankings or else you wouldn't even make a point of it...

My point is that Beachbuffs was saying that we are not getting any recruits; however, according to the "experts" our recruits are still better than his Buffs, even with the 3 people that jumped ship for Colorado (I checked, these rankings show them as commits for the Buffs).

Utlimately, a recruiting class/classes are only as good as their win/loss record 2 to 4 years down the road. So we shall see what happens then.

Also, my ultimate philosophy is that I'm almost glad they went to Colorado. For two reasons:

1) A strong Big 12 North only helps us.

2) We get to play them every year.

No offense, but you may wish to refresh your Rivals screen, your class is now 35th and ours is 18.......

Is Darrel Scott a Buff?? Yeah, didn't think so.

Is this whole thread some prediction thread or not? I love how some of you when the arguement does not go your way, you decide to change the semantics of this thread. How about this question, does your so called Head Coach have a contract or not? Yeah, didn't think so.