GO BIG RED RECIPE FOR DECEMBER 26TH

Roxy

I made this last night and I have made alot of meals in my life..but..this prime rib was the best main course dinner I have ever made! This will be the only recipe I will use from now on...it is FANTASTIC.

I hope that all of you had a very nice Xmas and I wish you all the best for the New Year:)

Prime Rib

We had a prime rib last night..it was a little over 8 lbs. 8.4 lbs. I think it was. We let the prime rib sit out on the counter for about a half hour before baking it. I highly recommend the Nebraska Prime Steak Seasoning & Rub and the inglehoffer extra hot horseradish sauce. We bought those at Albertsons where the fresh meats are sold. I also recommend the Garlic Pepper Seasoning Grinder by McCormick,

Preheat the oven to 450.

Prime Rib Seasoning:

Mix the below ingredients in a bowl..THOROUGHLY..I USED A WHISK.

1/4 cup Nebraska Prime Steak Seasoning & Rub

1/4 cup garlic powder

1/4 cup pepper-would have used ground pepper..but..didn't have it, so used regular pepper

5 cloves garlic minced-I had a bunch made up because I needed it for other foods I made..so I just guessed on how much I put in..we like garlic

1/2 cup inglehoffer extra hot horseradish

1/2 cup olive oil

I rubbed this mixture all over the prime rib..DON'T FORGET THE SIDES...put chopped purple onions on top.

Then I put Garlic Pepper Seasoning Grinder by McCormick all over the prime rib and then baked it at 450 for 15 minutes and then turned the oven down to 325 and baked it for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes...use a meat thermometer & bake it to how you prefer the meat. We like medium rare.

Make this horseradish sauce for the prime rib in the morning to let the flavors mingle.

Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib:

1/2 cup sour cream

2 T. inglehoffer extra hot horseradish

2 tsp.s white pepper-I just used black pepper..forgot to buy white pepper

2 tsp.s Worcestershire Sauce

Mix all the ingredients together for the horseradish sauce and chill in a covered dish.

I sauteed some sliced fresh mushrooms in butter just before serving the prime rib.

I appreciate all the members that read my Go Big Red Recipes and comment on them:) I enjoy cooking alot. Sure I like to go out and eat once in awhile on a weekend, but, it costs money..like everything does. My man works so hard during the week...I like making nice meals for him:) and it shows how much I care and love him also. That recipe is a keeper-- for us anyway...hope you like it too if you make it:) Have to get busy and clean the house...I like a clean house too:) will post more recipes later if I get time. Take care