SIGNED: QB Kody Spano

To me, it sounds like Renfree is the better prospect, so I am not yet hoping for Spano to jump on board.

I am curious as to your reasons?

I watched films on both and the thing I see different between the two is: Renfree is your typical drop back/pocket passer who doesn't tuck it and run. Great strength who throws when both feet are planted. Spano is your typical spread option type, who can tuck it run when needed. He can also throw the ball on the roll outs and while scrambling. They both are great QB's who bring something different to the table. If were were lucky to land one of them, that would be great!

I agree guru Spano I think Spano would definitely be a better fit in Watson's offense that Pelini said the QB is definitly going to run. His 40 time is slow but it doesn't look that way on the field. It sounds that his dad was really impressed and so was he. I am expecting a commit early this week from Kody.

Awesome, this kid could be a good one. Good news, hopefully this gets the recruiting "ball" rolling.

well we've had about 2 commits in the last week or so, and a ton of news on walk-ons and such...

Hopefully we'll keep pulling guys in especially when Pelini hopefully shows what he can do on the biggest stage. A lot of the guys we still have coming in and are really interested are on the defensive side of the ball so it should help!

Awesome, this kid could be a good one. Good news, hopefully this gets the recruiting "ball" rolling.

well we've had about 2 commits in the last week or so, and a ton of news on walk-ons and such...

I was referring to the upcoming 2 weeks when about 12-15 kids will visit and be nearing a decision before signing day. We have had 1 commit in the past weeks, 1 commit solidify his status and a couple of walk-ons.

Welcome Kody!!!! Not only do we get a solid prospect to come in early, we steal him from a BIG XII team AND will enjoy his fathers connections in the state of Texas for 4 to 5 years. Suh-weet!

First off, I like your signature. I join you in welcoming Kody, but I don't know that we really stole him, more the fact that Gundy didn't have a scholly for him. The Texas connection is good too, if we hire Tim Beck it would be even better even although I'd rather have drayton and some florida connections.