1 cup Butter (to fry chicken)

Sauce:

2 cups White Sugar

1 cup Vinegar

6 TBSP Soya Sauce

6 TBSP Water

2 tsp Ground Ginger

1 tsp Salt

In a large bowl suitable for microwave, combine the sugar, vinegar, Soya sauce, water, ginger and salt. Heat mixture on high for 2 –3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reserve 1 cup for dipping when serving.

Beat eggs with water in a bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then into flour.

In a large skillet, melt butter, fry chicken in single layer until brown and crispy; turning to brown all sides. Arrange in a foil-lined baking sheet. Using a large spoon, baste each chicken piece with the sauce. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes. Baste often and after 20 minutes, turn all chicken pieces over. Continue to bake and serve with reserved dipping sauce.

These can be made a couple of weeks ahead and frozen. I put baked drumettes on a cookie sheet and freeze for a couple of hours, then I put them in freezer ziplocs...I also freeze the reserved sauce for dipping in a little container...Thaw chicken and dipping sauce at room temperature and reheat in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes or so...Instead of using the sauce for dipping, I use it to re-baste the drumettes while reheating!