time to honor Solich?

np_husker

Even though we all may differ on whether or not Frank Solich should have been fired, I think we can all agree that he gave his heart & soul to Nebraska for many years and because of that I would like Frank to be honored at a game next season. I'm not sure how or what exactly would be done, but I think it would be cool.

I'm friends with a guy in Lincoln who has become friends with Carl Pelini. Carl thinks very highly of Solich and was shocked when he returned to Lincoln and found that photos of Solich had been removed from the Athletic Dept. That's totally messed up.

I dont know how Solich should be honored, but regardless of whether one wanted him gone or not, he definitely was a great Husker and was a huge part of the "40 year" run of success. Since the program did slip under his watch, I dont hold him in the same regard as Osborne or Devaney, but he's certainly worthy of Husker respect.

I dont know how Solich should be honored, but regardless of whether one wanted him gone or not, he definitely was a great Husker and was a huge part of the "40 year" run of success. Since the program did slip under his watch, I dont hold him in the same regard as Osborne or Devaney, but he's certainly worthy of Husker respect.

agree, and execpt for photos in the facility, which are fine, somethings are better just left dead.

agree, and execpt for photos in the facility, which are fine, somethings are better just left dead.

:yeah

...but time does heal all wounds. Don't see any harm in it. BP and bro do seem very genuine in respect for FS. IMO; whatever helps Husker Nation to simply forget the 4-year 'dark time'. (ps - loved the quote in the LJS today, "what rebuilding?, we just whooped up on Michigan State in the Alamo bowl, love our coach, and are all looking forward to the coming season!" - or something like that...)

The university could design a garden gnome that looks like Solich and donate the money to a charity. He already looks like a garden gnome, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Uncalled for, Ebyl. Frank Solich may not have been a great head coach but he deserved better than he got. As a player, assistant, offensive coordinator and head coach he gave most of his life to the University of Nebraska. His teams took some beatings but if it hadn't been for the incredible run that TO had his last five years Frank could possibly still be our HC.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

It's also messed up that Young, Tenopir and Darlington were forced into retirement by Solich. I doubt they have pictures up in the athletic department, either.

All these coaches deserve better than they have gotten. How many assistants stay with a team as long as they did? It was this kind of loyalty on the part of these coaches that helped the University of Nebraska become the greatest football program of the last half of the 20th Cent.

>>>T_O_B

Yes, how dare he have a 7-7 year hang him up. :sarcasm

I would say the slip is in your mind, since he did get Nebraska to the NC game and had them close to playing for it all in 99. His other season were all 9 wins or more.

The university could design a garden gnome that looks like Solich and donate the money to a charity. He already looks like a garden gnome, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Uncalled for, Ebyl. Frank Solich may not have been a great head coach but he deserved better than he got. As a player, assistant, offensive coordinator and head coach he gave most of his life to the University of Nebraska. His teams took some beatings but if it hadn't been for the incredible run that TO had his last five years Frank could possibly still be our HC.

>>>T_O_B

:yeah

>>>T_O_B

It was a joke. Go take your meds.