**Kenny Anderson 6-3/225lb DE Millard West

**not doubting you guys, but, on these guys I have not found a link or source on their commitments to walk on.

Now confirmed by OWH (scroll to bottom to see):

Millard West star to walk on at NU

Kenny Anderson, a 6-foot-2, 225-pound defensive end from Millard West, is the latest Nebraska high school senior to declare his intention to walk on at Nebraska.

Anderson, an All-Nebraska second-team pick, had 13 sacks and 65 tackles for the Wildcats. Anderson selected the walk-on opportunity over scholarship offers from NCAA Division II schools Northwest Missouri State and Augustana.

"When I got the call, I thought, 'I've got to try to do this; it's always been something I wanted to do,'" said Anderson, who plans on studying business. "I was really happy. I didn't think this would end up happening."

Anderson welcomed what coach Bo Pelini and his staff offer to the program.

"I was just excited (the Huskers) got someone who knew the program and knew Tom Osborne and the tradition. I had seen what Coach Pelini had done with the defense in 2003, and I was very happy.

"I know I'll have to work my way up the depth chart, but I'm going to work hard. I just want to do the best that I can."

Anderson, a lifelong Husker fan, said his family knew how big the decision was for him as well.

"After my sister found out, it was funny because when I saw her in the hallways at school, all she could do was smile. She knew how happy I was."

unfortunately i dont think drwal will walk on...He goes to my school and sounds like he will go Division AA...he said if nebraska offered a scholarship we would commit but i dont think that will happen...and with meyer hes one of my good friends and im pretty sure he isnt going to walk on either. both drwal and meyer want to play

unfortunately i dont think drwal will walk on...He goes to my school and sounds like he will go Division AA...he said if nebraska offered a scholarship we would commit but i dont think that will happen...and with meyer hes one of my good friends and im pretty sure he isnt going to walk on either. both drwal and meyer want to play

I kind of figured that too, I go to West also and that is what I got from talking to Meyer (he told me he rather stay in high school), but I haven't really ever talked to JD about it

Add Steve Spratte of Waukesha, WI. One of the top offensive players in Wisconsin in 2007 with 1816 yds rushing and 22 TDs and 9 catches for 129 yds. He's 5-11, 180. They're projecting him at WR. Seems to be similar to Swift who was a gifted RB in Minnesota before making the transition to WR at Nebraska.

Oh yeah, his Dad Todd played LB for Nebraska in 1981.

• Mavric unpinned this topic