zoogs

Player: Charles Mitchell

Hometown: Clarksdale, MS

Position: S

Height: 5'11''

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.58

Visit Date: 1/11/2008

Scholarships offered: Ole Miss, Miss State, Memphis, Nebraska, Alabama(?) - don't know if Bama offered but high on interest list, Michigan

Favorites: Committed to Mississippi State

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#10 position ranking)

Scout: :star :star :star (#32 position)

Bench max: 245 lbs

Squat max: 335 lbs

Vertical: 39 inches

GPA: 2.8

ACT: 19

Stats:

2006(Jr) - 130 rush, 1151yds, 12TD (8.9avg)

2007(Sr) - 78 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 INT

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 70%, per Mitchell himself

Scout update Dec. 20th

Copied from huskerpedia..

Rivals has an update about Mitchell's visit, and Charles put his chances of ending up at NU at 70% - we was blown away by the visit. Evidently he camped at LSU and was already very familiar with Bo. He mom wants him to attend an in-state school, and he's still considering Southern Miss, Miss St. and Ole Miss, but sounds like he was really impressed with NU.

Rivals has an update about Mitchell's visit, and Charles put his chances of ending up at NU at 70% - we was blown away by the visit. Evidently he camped at LSU and was already very familiar with Bo. He mom wants him to attend an in-state school, and he's still considering Southern Miss, Miss St. and Ole Miss, but sounds like he was really impressed with NU.

not good.... you have to win over the mom. maybe the coaches can talk to her

You don't always have to win over the mom, allthough it certainly helps. There comes a time in a young mans lives where he completly starts to make decisions on his own, regardless of how big of a decision it is. I know my parent's had 0 say in where I went.

You don't always have to win over the mom, allthough it certainly helps. There comes a time in a young mans lives where he completly starts to make decisions on his own, regardless of how big of a decision it is. I know my parent's had 0 say in where I went.

True but being underage a parent does have to sign the Scholarship with the student athlete. If my memory is correct we lost a highly rated QB prospect (name) several years ago to USC because his Mother would not sign and allow him to come to NU.

This was before Pete Carrol and when Pete came in and moved him to DB he transferred to UNLV to play for Coach Robinson.

HI update on Charles stating that the chances to land him have increased....anyone know what's up???

As of today 01-15-08 Mitchell is 70% to 75% sure he is going to be N. Stay tuned on this one..........on a side note....I personally think he is going to come to Nebraska. He is exactly what Bo is looking for.

Man this is great!!!! After a couple months of nothing but bad news this last week has been fantastic!!!! :clap

If I remember correctly, the last guy we brought in from Mississippi, has a great chance to play in the Super Bowl...... man, I hope this kid decides to give Bo and NU a chance....c'mon....leave Mississippi, come to NU, and you will get a chance to play in the Super Bowl (if GB wins of course)........that should be our pitch line..

• 3 weeks later...