Go Big Red Recipe For January 14th-Edited..sorry

Roxy

I am not a chef by any means..but..this meal turned out fantastic last night so thought I would share it with you. We really enjoy this potato dish. I like that you can prepare it ahead of time, stick it in the refrigerator and bake it for lunch or dinner. It is one of our favorite dishes. Like I have said before...I don't keep track of recipes that I have posted in here so sorry if any are ever repeated.

First of all..when grilling steaks...I highly recommend buying "CHICAGO MEAT MARINADE". We have tried different marinades..but....I like this marinade the best. Other stores may carry it..but..Albertson's carry it for sure. Used 1 bottle of Chicago Meat Marinade for 2 steaks and let it marinade in the refrigerator for several hours. The steaks were grilled and they turned out very tender and the taste was superb.

I put this on the steak..and really liked it..didn't have to since it was marinated..but..wanted to see how it tasted..liked it alot:)

Savory Steak Butter:

Use on other grilled meats such as pork chops..not just for steaks.

Freshly ground pepper

1 stick butter, softened

2 T. steak sauce-I used A!

2 T. Worcestershire Sauce

1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

1 tsp. liquid smoke seasoning

1 crushed garlic clove-I had alot of garlic minced in the food processor to use for other dishes for dinner..so I just dumped some in and didn't measure

1/8 tsp. hot sauce-I used Frank's Hot Sauce

Season meat with pepper to taste. In a small bowl, beat together the butter, steak sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, seasoned salt, liquid smoke, garlic & hot pepper sauce.

Cover and refrigerate.

Use a teaspoon or tablespoon atop grilled meats off the grill and allow to melt as the meat rests.

A few minutes before the steaks were done to our liking..I sauteed sliced fresh mushrooms in butter. Sometimes I sautee onions on steak...but..didn't last night.

I keep in a shaker by the stove Paula Deen's House Seasoning. It adds flavor to a variety of dishes. In our kitchen..it is a MUST HAVE.

Paula Deen's House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Stir the ingredients together in a small bowl. Keep in a shaker by the stove for convenience.

MO'S POTATOES ROMANOFF

8 med. Potatoes-quarter or half them...I half them

2 TBSP Butter

1 cup Sour Cream

4 Green Onions (chopped)

1 ¼ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

1 tsp Salt

1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper

1 tsp Paprika

Boil potatoes until tender. Mash with butter, sour cream, onions, ¾ cup cheese, salt and pepper. Turn mixture into buttered 1 ½ quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.

I made fresh broccoli...added cheese to it when it was just about tender to melt...don't over cook it. Add some hot sauce to it if you want to. You could make a cheese sauce..but..I was cooked out and cheated:)

Spicy Shrimp:

We buy fresh shrimp at Albertson's. I mince garlic and onion in a food processor and stick it in the refrigerator- in a covered bowl- till needed- to save time. Melt 1 stick of butter in a pan, 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce and minced garlic and onion-use how much garlic and onion you like. We had a lb. and a half of shrimp probably...put the shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle a package of Amazing Taste For Seafood over it and mix. You can buy that at Albertsons too. Put the shrimp in the butter, onion and garlic miture on the stove....stir. I sprinkled Paula Deen's House Seasoning over it and some cayenne pepper. You don't want to cook this very long because the shrimp will turn out tough.

We had garlic cheese bread with this also. I have a homemade recipe for this..but...have to find it..just used some that was bought in the frozen section at Albertson's.

Made fresh broccoli..drained off water...added shredded cheese..you can add a few drops of hot sauce to spice it up a bit if you want. You also can make a cheese sauce..but..I was too cooked out and cheated and just used shredded cheese.

And for dessert...Snickerdoodles:)

Snickerdoodle Cookies:

Preheat oven to 350.

1 cup softened butter

1-1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2-3/4 cups sifted flour

2 tsp.s cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt

2 T. sugar

2 tsp.s cinnamon

*I doubled the sugar and cinnamon.

Preheat oven to 350 to 400...I preheated to 350. Mix together butter, sugar and eggs. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt and stir into shortening mixture...I used the mixer. Chill dough, if soft, in the refrigerator. My dough was soft..but..didn't do this because I was in a hurry and it turned out. Roll in balls the size of a small walnut. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I doubled the sugar and cinnamon. I sprayed the cookie sheets with Baker's Joy. Can press flat using the bottom of a glass, but, it isn't necessary..I don't.

Bake at 350 to 400 for 8 minutes. I bake them in a preheated oven set to 350.

IF you make these recipes..hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a wonderful day:)

I cook for 2 people..me and my hon...I do other stuff too and keep busy. Just like passing on great recipes that I have found or have made in case anyone here would like to make it. Anyone can order a piiza or whatever..go to a restaurant or go to a fast food joint..but..I am old fashioned in alot of ways..and my hon works so hard during the week..and a good meal at home shows how much I love him and appreciate him. Edited to say..I cook because I enjoy it too:):)