Go Big Red Recipes For Jan. 17th

Roxy

I have made alot of salsa recipes, but, this is the best and my favorite recipe for it. It is hot, so if you want it milder, use less jalapenos and take the seeds out. I take the seeds out because we don't care for seeds in salsa, and it is still hot. Leave the recipe as it is to feed a big crowd. The last time I made it, I cut the recipe in half since their is only the two of us.

Salsa:

6 lbs. Roma (Plum) tomatoes

1/4 lb. Roma (Plum) tomatoes, chopped-I used 6 tomatoes

3 bunches of garlic-not individual cloves

1/4 cup real lemon juice-2 lemons

1-1/2 tablespoons salt

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

Green onions-Alot of them

12 fresh jalapeno peppers

Use your food processor with the "S" blade to chop up the following. Put them in seperate bowls in the refrigerator when you get done doing each one.

Chop the 6 Roma Plum tomatoes by hand. Put in the refrigerator.

Chop using the food processor:

Green onions

3 whole bunches of garlic

Take 12 fresh jalapenos and cut off the stems. Take a knife and cut down the middle and remove the seeds.

Chop the jalapenos in the food processor.

Squeeze the 2 lemons to make lemon juice.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Briefly put in the 6 lbs. of tomatoes. Keep the tomatoes in the pot just until the tomatoe skins start to loosen and set color. Drain the tomatoes and put them in the food processor and cursh them using the "S" blade.

Using the same pot as you used to boil the tomatoes in, mix the 6 chopped tomatoes that you chopped by hand, the 6 lbs. crushed tomatoes, juice from 2 lemons, 1-1/2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno peppers, chopped garlic and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin. Bring this to a boil and continue boilng until the vegetables are soft and mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat, put in container and refrigerate.

Chunky Seafood Sauce:

Scroll down to see pic

Ingredients:

1/2 cup ketchup

3/4 cup finely chopped celery

1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper

3 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: about 1-1/3 cups.