Bo-dacious Bonding

ESPN article

LINCOLN, Neb. -- They called this place Fort Knox, because it took the equivalent of an iris scan to get into the second floor football offices. Men with polo shirts, khakis and a deep purpose put together 18-hour days here, passing by the glass case with the five national championship trophies, never really stopping.

But Bo is here now. He is dressed in tennis shoes, black shorts and a gray T-shirt saturated in sweat. He's just come in from an afternoon workout, just rolled in from a national championship game, a couple hundred handshakes, and a cross-country move. This is the New Nebraska -- which is actually the Old Nebraska -- and Bo Pelini says his door will always be open.

Awesome article . . .

"We're not going to judge our recruiting class on how analysts rate the class," Pelini says. "They don't know what we're looking for."

"We'll build our own stars."

:yeah:yeah:yeah

I was gonna 'clip out' that same statement. Love it!

"You just have to embrace the tradition. … It's unique because it becomes the identity of a lot of people in the state. I understand how special a place this is."

"I don't have the sense that he wants to come in here and reshape the world in his image," Osborne says. "He's going to build on the strengths and the traditions. And of course, the things that need to be changed, he'll add to the picture.

"Bo and [Oklahoma coach] Bob Stoops are good friends. They came from the same high school and the same town. That's what Bob did at Oklahoma. He came in and embraced the Oklahoma tradition and culture and built on it. That's what I see Bo intending to do."

These are 2 things that Calllllllahan never did understand.

I guess i need to confess that I am one that is guilty of the man crush. My wife thinks i'm a freak, talkin huskers 24/7 in the offseason. I even told her i was gonna put bogasm on my personalized plate. (she vetoed that idea ) I am just so flippin excited for next season and i can't remember being this pumped since the late 90's. The funny part is they don't even have to go undefeated for me.. just 8 or 9 wins for a couple years with heart and desire is good enough for starters.