Hack, you're Famous...

wut?

EDIT: those jackasses mauled my post. there's no context that i could hear. they didn't explain how 'rite' was spelled. and it made me sound like a complete crank.

though i am a complete crank... but that not the point... well, not entirely.

meh. whatever.

wut?

EDIT: those jackasses mauled my post. there's no context that i could hear. they didn't explain how 'rite' was spelled. and it made me sound like a complete crank.

though i am a complete crank... but that not the point... well, not entirely.

meh. whatever.

Where was this post they were referring to Hack?

I just wonder if we now have to call him "Mr Hack", "Senor Hack", or "All that is mighty, Hack". Ya know since he is now a star and all....Great next comes the Hack action figures, Hack clothing line, Hack video game, Hack unplugged, Live with Regis and Hack, Hacks book of the month club........"oh the horror, the horror, the horror!" :P

I believe he prefers, "Your Lordship".

I almost fell over when I heard that on 1620. hack is our hero. Very clever post.

yes, but they ruined it.

not that they wanted it to sound good anyway. they're looking for posts that they believe are 'cranks' or typify the stereotype of 'unnamed forum coward who is posting pure drivel' so they are make anything that we write sound as unflattering as possible.

listen to the intro again: "... from *REAL* husker fans. those husker fans who are posting *ANONYMOUSLY* on a random message board!"

in other words, as paid radio personalities what they say is more important because, well... they're like PAID and stuff so they must have earned their money. right?

you and me, tho? anyone can post to a forum. and we post under fake screen names so surely our opinions must mean less than their opinions. we don't put our real names on the line like they do, so what we say can't possibly be as important as what they write or talk about in their columns or shows.

they like had to go thru a job interviews or know someone to get their job. so what they say is clearly more relevant because somebody somewhere decided it was just so. whatever rolls collectively thru our tiny little skulls couldn't be half as important as what they think.

they didn't take that quote from because it was funny. they took it because it makes the whole community that posts to web forums look like a bunch of idiots. they are essentially defaming the entire segment of their audience who do post to web forums. keep that in mind the next time you hear one of those segments.

well, they can go get bent. to paraphrase jon stewart, i ain't their monkey. and neither are you.

you and me, tho? anyone can post to a forum. and we post under fake screen names so surely our opinions must mean less than their opinions. we don't put our real names on the line like they do, so what we say can't possibly be as important as what they write or talk about in their columns or shows.

congrats!!

I'm not so sure it's an honor though. ;)

I'm afraid I have to agree that the opinions of anonymous posters IS NOT as good as those of known folks....

... not known as in FAMOUS, not known as is PAID, but known as in NOT ANONYMOUS.

I value the word/opinion of someone whose identity is known to me than an anonymous person on the net, the mail or in a crowd.

An anonymous poster is MUCH more likely to b.s. you or flame you than someone who signs his/her opinions with their REAL IDENTITY.

But opinions vary...

I almost fell over when I heard that on 1620. hack is our hero. Very clever post.

yes, but they ruined it.

not that they wanted it to sound good anyway. they're looking for posts that they believe are 'cranks' or typify the stereotype of 'unnamed forum coward who is posting pure drivel' so they are make anything that we write sound as unflattering as possible.

listen to the intro again: "... from *REAL* husker fans. those husker fans who are posting *ANONYMOUSLY* on a random message board!"

in other words, as paid radio personalities what they say is more important because, well... they're like PAID and stuff so they must have earned their money. right?

they like had to go thru a job interviews or know someone to get their job. so what they say is clearly more relevant because somebody somewhere decided it was just so. whatever rolls collectively thru our tiny little skulls couldn't be half as important as what they think.

they didn't take that quote from because it was funny. they took it because it makes the whole community that posts to web forums look like a bunch of idiots. they are essentially defaming the entire segment of their audience who do post to web forums. keep that in mind the next time you hear one of those segments.

well, they can go get bent. to paraphrase jon stewart, i ain't their monkey. and neither are you.

They defamed you by how? making fun of you making fun of a coach and how he handled his offensive cordinator schemes>? In what context is what they did any different then what you wrote about Barney Cotton? Maybe next time you should use the :sarcasm so they won't use you're post ever again :blink:

But my real name IS Cy the Cyclone...you mean you don't have to use your real name here? DOH!

They defamed you by how? making fun of you making fun of a coach and how he handled his offensive cordinator schemes>?

okay...

defame

Pronunciation: \di-ˈfām, dē-\

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): de·famed; de·fam·ing

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French & Medieval Latin; Anglo-French deffamer, diffamer, from Medieval Latin defamare, alteration of Latin diffamare, from dis- + fama reputation, fame

Date: 14th century

1. archaic : disgrace
  2. : to harm the reputation of by libel or slander
  3. archaic : accuse

synonyms see malign

unlike bill callahan, i'm not afraid to get too technical for you.

they took a quote completely and totally out of context and used it as a representative statement for this entire forum.

it would be no different than going thru freerepublic or dailykos, grabbing the quote of one users and then saying, "this statement is the *best* that his forum has to offer" or "this statement is *typical* of what this that forum has to offer."

and it not just me they're insulting, it's you and anyone else who posts to a web forum.

In what context is what they did any different then what you wrote about Barney Cotton?

i've been a member of huskerboard since its near beginnings. i started posting around the time frank solich was shown the door. in these near five years (cripes!), people who regularly come to the board know who i am and how i post.

without that prior knowledge or context, anything i write is going to look batsh*t crazy.

they took my post and read it verbatim knowing it would sound absolutely wacko over the air. not laugh with, laugh at. they couldn't even be bothered to actually preface the statement about what the thread was about in the first place.

Maybe next time you should use the :sarcasm so they won't use you're post ever again :blink:

that ain't how i roll, dawg. the whole emote-thing is cliche and over-used.

that and capitalization. the man ain't gonna tell me to use the shift key.