SIGNED S Mason Wald

huskers13

Signed.

I guess the backup backup plan worked and he did get a Nebraska scholarship. :)

Good to hear.

Also seems he and his father have been checking out the message boards and saw how we all liked his hitting, just another reminder to watch what you say about these young men because yes they do read them, and even though it's some guy on the internet it does have an affect on them and it isn't always positive like it was this time.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

I was reading the posts about a decommitt and if he were reconsidering coming back and read those post it would have convinced him NOT to come back!

:angry:

Nuff said!

For the most part everyone on this board seem to be pretty good sports about the recruiting process, but yes I agree it is the slim few that always seem to ruin the fun in anything. Like I said though this board is definately better than some of them. Really getting anxious to see these young men play. Should be exciting in the next few years and many more I hope.

Signed.

Good to hear.

Also seems he and his father have been checking out the message boards and saw how we all liked his hitting, just another reminder to watch what you say about these young men because yes they do read them, and even though it's some guy on the internet it does have an affect on them and it isn't always positive like it was this time.

i agree about not jumping to conclusions about people, but at the same time this is a message board. Posters should have the right to voice their opinion be it good or bad.

It's generally wise for a player not to pay too much attention to message boards anyways. I'm sure C. Grixby has some thoughts on this.

That said, Wald's hits were very nice (and refreshing) :)

Signed.

Good to hear.

i agree about not jumping to conclusions about people, but at the same time this is a message board. Posters should have the right to voice their opinion be it good or bad.

It's generally wise for a player not to pay too much attention to message boards anyways. I'm sure C. Grixby has some thoughts on this.

That said, Wald's hits were very nice (and refreshing) :)

This guy looks like a young John Lynch. How the hell did he not get some offers from SEC schools? Is he bad in pass coverage or something? He looks like he's got enough speed to cover to me.

There was absolutely no mention of him on 10/11 news either...

I watched it also and you are right...wtf Scout showed as a solid verbal. Did he commit after everyone and not get listed or did he commit to late and not get a spot? Anyone know?

When Thompkins stiffed us a spot came open, It was offered to Wald. He accepted.

When Rogers signed his LOI, Wald pretended to sign one too. He had to, because the FedEx with the real offer from Nebraska hadn't arrived yet. He is a Husker!!!

:clap

Over on the Lincoln-Journal-Star "Life in the Red" Blog about Pelini's first recruiting class, there a brief comment by a Husker fan that sat with Wald and Rogers for about 4 or 5 hrs in the Atlanta airport. He said they were very polite and well spoken, a credit to the Huskers!

:clap:clap