SIGNED S Mason Wald

huskers13

Jeremy Crabtree said that he projected Wall to be a special teams role player.

Am I missing something here?? Or is Crabtree??

Wald being put on just special teams would be a waste of talent. I want this dude in the secondary.

No offense to Crabtree, but until he's a member of Bo's staff, I'm not concerned where Wald is "projected" to be. Bo will use Wald where he's thinks he'll be most effective. The best 11 will play, and there will be a bunch chomping at the bit to get on the field.

You ever watch someone play football be it in HS, College, or NFL and you think to yourself "man he sure looks a lot like someone else who used to play football but I can't remember who"?......After watching Wald's video again it finally came to me! Wald reminds me of how the late, great, Pat Tillman 5'11" 210 from ASU used to play football. I watched a lot of ASU when he played there and the way he shoots to the ball carrier hitting him with such a shock reminds me of the way Tillman used to hit! For those of you who remember Tillman at ASU (OLB for ASU and later, Safety for the Arizona Cardinals), watch the Ward video again and look real close. I think you will see it too!

You ever watch someone play football be it in HS, College, or NFL and you think to yourself "man he sure looks a lot like someone else who used to play football but I can't remember who"?......After watching Wald's video again it finally came to me! Wald reminds me of how the late, great, Pat Tillman 5'11" 210 from ASU used to play football. I watched a lot of ASU when he played there and the way he shoots to the ball carrier hitting him with such a shock reminds me of the way Tillman used to hit! For those of you who remember Tillman at ASU (OLB and Safety for the Arizona Cardinals), watch the Ward video again and look real close. I think you will see it too!

This makes a lot of sense. I originally thought Ward reminded me of Adam Archuleta, who so endeared himself to ASU fans because of his resemblance to Pat Tillman.

Good call.

Mason is fast , has great instincts to the ball and DESTROYS the ball carrier. He has to be on the field. Absolute destroyer!!! Havent seen that violent of a player with that much of a motor and GREAT instincts to the ball in quite some time. A BEAST!!

I would love to see the look on the players face after he gets a clean shot on someone over the middle.

This was posted on an Alabama website (al.com)

To the University of Nebraska - y'all are getting two of the most exciting players that I have seen in years. There is no finer running back in the state of Alabama than Justin Rogers. Mason Wald is an intense and ferocious hitter in the style of Brian Bosworth.

I think I have just become a Nebraska fan!

:clap