SIGNED S Mason Wald

huskers13

link

Vestavia Hills safety Mason Wald's storybook offseason is officially gold. Wald, who once seemed headed across town to Division I-AA Samford, will instead join high school teammate Justin Rogers as a Nebraska Cornhusker.

"Mason Wald just accepted a full ride with Nebraska," said Ken Rogers, Justin's father. ``He and Justin are going to sign (letter of intent) together at 2:30 p.m.

"I talked to Coach Pelini and he was thrilled. He told me, `We can't wait to get those Alabama boys to Nebraska.' ''

Justin Rogers, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound running back, rushed for 5,322 yards and scored 59 touchdowns as a standout for Buddy Anderson with the Rebels. He was recruited as an athlete by Nebraska, and could wind up playing in the defensive secondary.

Wald is 6-foot, 190 pounds and could play safety or outside linebacker for the Cornhuskers.

link

Vestavia Hills safety Mason Wald's storybook offseason is officially gold. Wald, who once seemed headed across town to Division I-AA Samford, will instead join high school teammate Justin Rogers as a Nebraska Cornhusker.

"Mason Wald just accepted a full ride with Nebraska," said Ken Rogers, Justin's father. ``He and Justin are going to sign (letter of intent) together at 2:30 p.m.

"I talked to Coach Pelini and he was thrilled. He told me, `We can't wait to get those Alabama boys to Nebraska.' ''

Justin Rogers, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound running back, rushed for 5,322 yards and scored 59 touchdowns as a standout for Buddy Anderson with the Rebels. He was recruited as an athlete by Nebraska, and could wind up playing in the defensive secondary.

Wald is 6-foot, 190 pounds and could play safety or outside linebacker for the Cornhuskers.

Sick, welcome boys.

link

Sick, welcome boys.

Another hard working kid added to the ranks! I love the type of kids Bo is getting.

Signed.

I guess the backup backup plan worked and he did get a Nebraska scholarship. :)

Good to hear.

Also seems he and his father have been checking out the message boards and saw how we all liked his hitting, just another reminder to watch what you say about these young men because yes they do read them, and even though it's some guy on the internet it does have an affect on them and it isn't always positive like it was this time.

Signed.

I guess the backup backup plan worked and he did get a Nebraska scholarship. :)

Good to hear.

Also seems he and his father have been checking out the message boards and saw how we all liked his hitting, just another reminder to watch what you say about these young men because yes they do read them, and even though it's some guy on the internet it does have an affect on them and it isn't always positive like it was this time.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

I was reading the posts about a decommitt and if he were reconsidering coming back and read those post it would have convinced him NOT to come back!

:angry:

Nuff said!