SIGNED S Mason Wald

huskers13

People need to calm their enthusiasm about this kid. Is he a nice prospect? Yes. But even if the guy did get in here, he is a project. He would likely be a ST monster, but anymore than that would be a question mark.

You have to remember, Vestavia Hills is one of the best programs in Alabama, so attention is not something he is lacking.

The one thing you have to know is this is a highlight reel. Yes, he brings the wood, but why does it not show more of his coverage skills?

Highlight reels always paint you a picture that they want you to see in a player, but sometimes they do not paint the whole picture.

Spartness, I hope no one gets it twisted that I am bashing the kid. I like Mason as a prospect, because I love any kid who is not afraid to lay the wood. However, for some to make it out like they wonder why he isn't a 4* prospect are going overboard.

He is in the heart of SEC country, playing for a powerhouse in Alabama. His only offer is Samford. That alone should calm everyone down a bit.

Really, I think of Wald as a taller (not heavier) version of Brandon Rigoni. Nothing wrong with that, because Rigoni was a stud on ST for us and brought a style of play we did not see from any player last year. But that isn't exactly someone I would consider a stud performer.

Spartness, I hope no one gets it twisted that I am bashing the kid. I like Mason as a prospect, because I love any kid who is not afraid to lay the wood. However, for some to make it out like they wonder why he isn't a 4* prospect are going overboard.

He is in the heart of SEC country, playing for a powerhouse in Alabama. His only offer is Samford. That alone should calm everyone down a bit.

Really, I think of Wald as a taller (not heavier) version of Brandon Rigoni. Nothing wrong with that, because Rigoni was a stud on ST for us and brought a style of play we did not see from any player last year. But that isn't exactly someone I would consider a stud performer.

You bring up good points, It will be nice to see if this kid is the real deal and our coaches think he can be since they offered him.

You bring up good points, It will be nice to see if this kid is the real deal and our coaches think he can be since they offered him.

The thing is, if he doesn't make a decision and soon he may not even get the chance to make that decision. ;)