"I knew and" Nebraska’s coaches "knew...

no need to pick on gabbert, cally was not retained and gabbert bought into everything he told him. same thing happened to Harrison Beck and you know what? Beck appeared on the scene expecting to be given the job. when he finally figured out he had to work hard (instead of dreaming about starting a rock band) he fell off his dream and woke up.

gabbert likely will be better than Beck, but let's leave the kid alone and let him play for Pinkel. MU was probably his real choice anyway.

I hope this crap doesn't start up again so that the Callahan recruited against us rumors don't come back.

I'm not trying to "start rumors". I was simply pointing out what he was quoted as saying in the Columbia paper. Hard to say what (the quote) really means, but it definitely is worth discussing.

As I stated, I have no ill will for this 18 year old kid. He deserves as much success as the next person. That said, I will root my arse off, that he gets knocked on his, when our boys play them.

Callahan did not recruit against Nebraska.

The guy was a decent human being.

Yeah...I think that's probably true. So what did Blaine mean by what he said? Was he stirring the pot...or is the paper taking his quote out of context inorder to create controversy? Or??

I have no bitterness toward Gabbert. But when he was still committed to NU, I thought the guy had a tremendous amount of talent and had great potential. That was proven in the football camps. But he didn't set the world on fire in high school. I know he was injured and played for a bad team during his senior year. Perhaps his sophomore and junior year teams weren't that good either, i don't know. Again, he could be a great QB for MU, but he does have some issues with his accuracy and he appears to need a lot of development. His H.C. coach indicated that. I sure wouldn't rate him at this time a five star. Maybe not even four, but he does have the physical talent to be five stars in maybe two or three years. Like I said, I felt this way when he was still a solid Husker commitment. Good luck Blaine.

I hope this crap doesn't start up again so that the Callahan recruited against us rumors don't come back.

I'm not trying to "start rumors". I was simply pointing out what he was quoted as saying in the Columbia paper. Hard to say what (the quote) really means, but it definitely is worth discussing.

As I stated, I have no ill will for this 18 year old kid. He deserves as much success as the next person. That said, I will root my arse off, that he gets knocked on his, when our boys play them.

I agree. That's what I thought I read also, that Gabbert was the one that said this in his interview.