***Recruiting Junkies***Please READ***

Eric the Red

With a new recruiting year ahead of us, I am making changes to the way we input NEW recruits. This new format only pertains to inputting new recruits and has nothing else to do with any other forum or any other action.

If you have looked through the 2009 recruiting forum some recruits are typed in differently than others. Well, I HATE THAT. I am what you would call the "recruiting forum neatness nazi". I want things done exactly the same when it comes to starting a new recruiting thread in the 2009 recruiting forum. This is the way I have always done it and it's the way I want it done now. There's a reason why were the number one free Husker message board.

I just like things organized and easy to find, I've noticed other board will have 10 threads on one player and it's just dumb. Waste of peoples time and effort. Keep it all together :horns2

Now I'm not here to ban folks who have been willing to help with starting threads in the past, most likely those folks weren't aware that I want it done a certain way. So, starting here and moving forward, If someone would like to START a thread in the 2009 recruiting forum for the first time, before you do so, please pm me first and talk to me. If this isn't done, your thread will most likely be deleted with or without cause. I'm doing this for a few reasons. 1) I want things neat and organized, and 2) People must be aware of copyright material violations (something we really try to avoid the best we can).

As of right now (2/10/2008), until folks pm me to get the okay, the members listed below are the only ones allowed to START threads in the 2009 recruiting forum:

DeathCultArmaggedon

chamrocck

huskerfan500

Husker_Power

• 3 months later...

This is a question to ETR and the other main recuirting forum posters.

I know ETR likes his threads somewhat the same format so, should we update the recuirts now that Rivals are coming out with all of their rankings. In the past I had discussions with Chamrock( not throwing u under a bus here), and he likes to just add a reply and not update the orginal post. But I like to update orginal post. Anyways I think we should do it the same way, how should that be?

I was planning to update at the end of the week, when all the new rankings (not just rivals but scout too) should be out. I will also update schollly offers and favorites, and that type of things

I try to keep all of my entries updated on the original post. Whenever I make a change I add a reply indicating that I have done so. However, I often go a long while before updating.

I also wanted to bring up the subject of recruit photos. I personally like them as an accent to the info section. I talked with ETR about it and as long as it is public information (not paid subscription stuff) you can include them. What do you guys think?

Hey,

Don't mean to rain on a parade, but I'd prefer to let people do what they want to do and I think everyone has been doing a great job (otherwise you would hear from ETR :lol: ).

If you want to drop in images (as long as it is legal), then great...I don't really hassle with this...there are plenty of images if you want to do research on a recruit.

As for updating original posts, I tend not to do it. What good is it if I update a guy's post that is buried in the forum and no one cares that he added a star and now has received an offer from Middle Tennessee State? However, I like to add comments to recruits that have good buzz...such as "Recruit X has new offers from USC and LSU and now is a 5-star, etc.". Typically I will update the original posts on these guys but I like to add new comments because then these recruits will get bumped to the top of the forum and they get more buzz and others will tend to comment on the recruits with good buzz and grow the threads on these recruits.

Lastly, I noticed ETR likes there to be links which I try to do a good job on when I can.

Bottomline for me is that I try to do what I can with the little time I have. Personally, if there are requirements to add images or update posts, then it becomes more like work IMO and I'd likely not contribute as much. The threads tend to take care of themselves...let others contribute by adding images and adding new comments on rankings or new offers, etc....good buzz recruits will have this happen. I don't think this needs fixing as it is not broke and I would say this has been a great recruiting forum we have here. :corndance