40 time: 4.45

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Texas A&M

Favorites: Texas A&M, LSU

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

Assessing the talent:

Rushed for 1,214 yards and 24 TDs as a Junior. Also caught 17 passes for 4 TDs. Great looking prospect who can really fly. Runs with power. via Rivals

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Will be very tough to reel this guy out of Texas.

CHRISTIANMICHAEL6_4200.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

it would be pure magic to pull a 4* kid out of Texas.

We've done it before. Look at David Whitmore this year.

Quite correct. And, we might be literally looking a great deal at David Whitmore this season as he will certainly be needed if Anthony Blue is not ready to go. My point with that is that a great player can come in and likely play early --- if the situation presents itself, like perhaps it has for Whitmore, a guy can come in and perhaps start or see significant PT immediately. So, listin up mister Micheal --- Lucky graduates after this season --- you may be able to step right in.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Front page of Huskers Illustrated says:

Beaumont (Texas) running back Christine Michael was listed in this week’s release of the 2009 Texas pre-season Top 100 as the No. 8 prospect overall. The talented 6-foot, 205-pounder continues to list Nebraska among his favorites.

Front page of Huskers Illustrated says:

Beaumont (Texas) running back Christine Michael was listed in this week’s release of the 2009 Texas pre-season Top 100 as the No. 8 prospect overall. The talented 6-foot, 205-pounder continues to list Nebraska among his favorites.

This from the A&M Rivals page today:

"Yes, I got offered from Oklahoma University. I love Oklahoma. They're one of the schools I'd consider going to if I don't stay around Texas or Louisiana. Adrian Peterson is my favorite running back and he went there."

"I'd have to say Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida… then I would have to say it would get harder for me. I'd try someone like Arkansas…did I mention Nebraska yet? And then also the Miami Hurricanes."

I'd say NU has little or no chance.