RB Christine Michael

imo Oku is better anyway

I like both him and Oku, but I think they are two different style of RB. Oku is pretty small and shifty, whereas Christine is larger and more of a power runner, although he still has wheels.

The only thing that puts a question in my mind about Oku is the 185 pounds. I'm no expert, but if a 225 linebacker got his hands on him, it doesn't seem there'd be much resistance there.

IIRC Cory Ross was only around 190 and he gave LB's all they could handle. He was smaller but only by a few inches.

imo Oku is better anyway

I like both him and Oku, but I think they are two different style of RB. Oku is pretty small and shifty, whereas Christine is larger and more of a power runner, although he still has wheels.

The only thing that puts a question in my mind about Oku is the 185 pounds. I'm no expert, but if a 225 linebacker got his hands on him, it doesn't seem there'd be much resistance there.

IIRC Cory Ross was only around 190 and he gave LB's all they could handle. He was smaller but only by a few inches.

As they say, speed kills. Still, it's not fun to picture that one hit which knocks a few stars of Oku's name. :lol:

Let's keep in mind that both of these kids are juniors in high school right now, and probably only 16 or 17 years old.

It is not difficult to see them adding 10-20 pounds of muscle between now and college.

Definitely. I'm sure Dobson will have a program to maximize his speed while keeping him safe and providing him the strength to knock around the occasional defender that can keep up with him.

imo Oku is better anyway

I don't know if Oku would be quite the every-down back that Christine would. But we do have a workhorse, move-the-sticks type in Robinson already committed. Oku and Robinson could complement each-other well.

I don't know guys... you really think he will commit to one of those schools? Texas already has Chris Whaley, and ATM is pretty stacked at RB. I would think LSU probably has the better chance of pulling him. Also note that he said Nebraska is one of the schools that are working their way up his list. QUICK SEND EK DOWN HERE!

From Rivals....

"The best way I can narrow things down, or the strategy I'm thinking about, is picking a school that's closer to home," Michael said. "That leads me to look hard at Texas A&M, the University of Texas and Louisiana State University.

"Other schools, they always tell me the same thing. 'You can come in here and start your freshman year. We have these types of academic programs.' But you're not going to find a college that doesn't have a great academic program or doesn't have a great coaching staff. But they won't have what those three have, and that's being closer to home.

From Rivals....

"The best way I can narrow things down, or the strategy I'm thinking about, is picking a school that's closer to home," Michael said. "That leads me to look hard at Texas A&M, the University of Texas and Louisiana State University.

"Other schools, they always tell me the same thing. 'You can come in here and start your freshman year. We have these types of academic programs.' But you're not going to find a college that doesn't have a great academic program or doesn't have a great coaching staff. But they won't have what those three have, and that's being closer to home.

Well in that case, why is he overlooking the hometown Lamar Cardinal? With a full DI schedule starting in 2010, I think we can pretty much guarantee a starting job, and friends and family will be able to see every home game in person. They might even play in the same stadium as his high school team. :sarcasm

Anyway, good luck to him. Each of those schools has outstanding programs, and in the interest of self-preservation, I hope he chooses LSU which appears to be closer to Beaumont than Austin or College Station.