SIGNED: OT Jeremiah Sirles

huskerfan500

:woo Great News I wish we could get a committ every week I really dont like the long weeks with out one. Its like the week before Christmas you can see the present but you can only Guess what the present is. BTW glad you choose the SEA OF RED instead of the Puke of Green and Yellow really who puts those to colors together.

good prospect.... if only he was a little bigger :sarcasm

:)

that's why I refer to him as Mr. Sirles.

huskerextra now has it:

Sirles says yes to Huskers

Jeremiah Sirles has committed to Nebraska, calling Barney Cotton to tell him the news Friday morning.

The Huskers beat out Oregon for the offensive tackle's services.

"Really it was just everything, the amtompshere, the people, the coaches, everything was so awesome," said Sirles, who made his official visit for the Missouri game.

"I came out of there saying this is going to be real hard to beat," Sirles said.

He is rated a 3-star player by both Scout.com and Rivals.com. Scout has him ranked as the 36th best offensive tackle nationally.

This gives the Huskers 15 known commits.

More coming.

Big Red Today also has confirmation:

11:20 a.m.: Nebraska continues to gain midseason steam in recruiting. It added an oral commitment today from offensive tackle Jeremiah Sirles of Lakewood, Colo., the Huskers’ third pledge in the past two weeks after going without one for nearly two months.

Sirles is a giant at 6-foot-8 and 300 pounds. He said he was looking forward to playing against defenders closer to his size in college.

"In high school, I’m so much bigger than everyone else that it makes for some real challenges," he said. "I’ve got to work so much of my pad level, keeping things low. It’s been good for me, and I’ll still have to work on that in college."

His commitment gives Nebraska 15 for its class of 2009, including four from offensive linemen.

Sirles visited Lincoln for the Oct. 4 NU-Missouri game. He picked the Huskers over Oregon and Arizona State but did not receive a scholarship offer from homestate Colorado. Rivals.com ranks him as the No. 7 prospect in Colorado and the 54th-best offensive tackle nationally.

More coming on Nebraska’s latest commitment in an article later today.

- Mitch Sherman

Some more info from his high school web site:

Offensive Line

6'8” 290 lbs

7 Years Midget

4 Years Varsity Football

3.12 GPA

College Interests: Oregon, Nebraska, CSU, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Northwestern, Cal, Louisville

Elementary: Kendrick Lakes Elementary

Junior High: Carmody Middle School

Football Honors: 1st Team All League 2 years, 2nd Team All League, 1st Team All State, All Colorado

Hobbies: Hunting, fishing camping, skiing

Favorite food: Steak and mashed potatoes

Favorite movie: Friday Night Lights

Sirles was just on 1620. He is a great interview and very well spoken. I thought it was cool that he mentioned that he got a call from Chris Williams a few days ago. Williams had seen that Sirles was to make his announcement soon. He asked Sirles how his recruiting trip to Oregon went. Sirles said that it was a good trip BUT...and he said Williams interjected "But it wasn't Nebraska was it?"

Sirles is another recruit that says he can tell Coach Pelini has Nebraska about to turn the corner and he wants to be part of it when it happens.