For The Fans of Barack Obamma

OK, here's another brilliant copy and paste job for you:

During the month of February, black Americans have much to celebrate and be proud of. The black American historical portrait is a fascinating and rich canvas that contains revered scholars, inventors, civic leaders, athletes, statesmen, entertainers and war heroes.

Rosa Parks has always been my hero. I dedicated one of my platinum albums to her. Her brave, intelligent defiance embodies the American spirit that fuels my life. Her simple act of refusing to sit at the back of a bus blazed a new trail that changed America for the better.

As a musician, all of my musical influences are black. From Chuck Berry and James Brown to numerous Motown legends, my rhythm and blues guitar howls in the night thanks to these musical pioneers who blazed new musical trails for everyone else to follow. Trail blazers rock.

That being said, my pragmatic modus operandi has always been to focus on a flat tire instead of admiring three tires full of air, for the vehicle will not meet its mobile potential with a flat tire. So while February is designated as a month to celebrate all things good with black Americans, we should also identify the bad and the ugly in order to continue to upgrade.

Though institutional racism is largely a dead and rotting carcass, race hucksters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton continue to pour gas on racism’s fading embers. These irresponsible race baiters should be scorned and ignored by all Americans. They serve no good but to themselves.

Statistically, way too many black men are shirking their duty to be fathers, causing their children to be raised by mothers or grandmothers alone. This is a recipe for cultural genocide in the black community. Children of single parents have a much higher likelihood of getting involved in crime, drugs, and dropping out of school than kids from two parent families.

When attending my son’s basketball games I am appalled at the sight of so many teenage black girls toting babies in their arms. These young women are obviously not emotionally or financially equipped to provide for their young children. The problem is so significant that some high schools provide day care at taxpayers expense. When babies are having babies something has gone terribly wrong.

Black on black crime is an epidemic in cities such as my former hometown of Detroit, though the brutal horror stories of black on black crime do not vary much from city to city. Much of the crime is fueled by drugs and gang bangers. Though just twelve percent of the population, roughly half of the cells of our prisons and jails are full of black men.

It did not used to be this way. Though I am not an historian, the statistics regarding the recent black experience are shocking. Just 50 years ago the black family was strong, education was valued, the runaway

crime wave that has swallowed our inner cities was absent, teenage pregnancy was the exception, drug abuse was minimal, etc.

So what happened? What caused a once proud, strong, independent and vibrant people to become disillusioned, broken and defeated? The embarrassing fact is that black America surrendered to the white, liberal, political establishment who implemented grand, wasteful social welfare programs that have not helped black Americans but instead have destroyed them into the curse of dependency. Amazingly, black America has willing gone down this path of destruction.

Instead of continuing to embrace liberal politicians and out of control government programs, black America should wise up and rise up in political revolt and recognize who their real enemies have been. A quick study

of the two political parties will identify which party has worked to destroy their families and communities with covert lies and wasteful government programs that have achieved nothing but despair and destruction. My advice: quit supporting the party that is symbolized by an ass.

It is often said that those who forget history are bound to repeat it. Black America can and must do better. History will judge accordingly. May God be with us.

During the month of February, black Americans have much to celebrate and be proud of. The black American historical portrait is a fascinating and rich canvas that contains revered scholars, inventors, civic leaders, athletes, statesmen, entertainers and war heroes.

Rosa Parks has always been my hero. I dedicated one of my platinum albums to her. Her brave, intelligent defiance embodies the American spirit that fuels my life. Her simple act of refusing to sit at the back of a bus blazed a new trail that changed America for the better.

As a musician, all of my musical influences are black. From Chuck Berry and James Brown to numerous Motown legends, my rhythm and blues guitar howls in the night thanks to these musical pioneers who blazed new musical trails for everyone else to follow. Trail blazers rock.

That being said, my pragmatic modus operandi has always been to focus on a flat tire instead of admiring three tires full of air, for the vehicle will not meet its mobile potential with a flat tire. So while February is designated as a month to celebrate all things good with black Americans, we should also identify the bad and the ugly in order to continue to upgrade.

Though institutional racism is largely a dead and rotting carcass, race hucksters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton continue to pour gas on racism's fading embers. These irresponsible race baiters should be scorned and ignored by all Americans. They serve no good but to themselves.

Statistically, way too many black men are shirking their duty to be fathers, causing their children to be raised by mothers or grandmothers alone. This is a recipe for cultural genocide in the black community. Children of single parents have a much higher likelihood of getting involved in crime, drugs, and dropping out of school than kids from two parent families.

When attending my son's basketball games I am appalled at the sight of so many teenage black girls toting babies in their arms. These young women are obviously not emotionally or financially equipped to provide for their young children. The problem is so significant that some high schools provide day care at taxpayers expense. When babies are having babies something has gone terribly wrong.

Black on black crime is an epidemic in cities such as my former hometown of Detroit, though the brutal horror stories of black on black crime do not vary much from city to city. Much of the crime is fueled by drugs and gang bangers. Though just twelve percent of the population, roughly half of the cells of our prisons and jails are full of black men.

It did not used to be this way. Though I am not an historian, the statistics regarding the recent black experience are shocking. Just 50 years ago the black family was strong, education was valued, the runaway

crime wave that has swallowed our inner cities was absent, teenage pregnancy was the exception, drug abuse was minimal, etc.

So what happened? What caused a once proud, strong, independent and vibrant people to become disillusioned, broken and defeated? The embarrassing fact is that black America surrendered to the white, liberal, political establishment who implemented grand, wasteful social welfare programs that have not helped black Americans but instead have destroyed them into the curse of dependency. Amazingly, black America has willing gone down this path of destruction.

Instead of continuing to embrace liberal politicians and out of control government programs, black America should wise up and rise up in political revolt and recognize who their real enemies have been. A quick study

of the two political parties will identify which party has worked to destroy their families and communities with covert lies and wasteful government programs that have achieved nothing but despair and destruction. My advice: quit supporting the party that is symbolized by an ass.

It is often said that those who forget history are bound to repeat it. Black America can and must do better. History will judge accordingly. May God be with us.

Little racist don't ya think? Ahhh I get it now. It's because Obama is black and your poor taste in humor is why you posted it?

Debate:

de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates

v.intr. 1. To consider something; deliberate.2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.4. Obsolete To fight or quarrel. It's apparent, that some don't get it. Oh well, I wouldn't have expected anything different.

Though institutional racism is largely a dead and rotting carcass, race hucksters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton continue to pour gas on racism’s fading embers. These irresponsible race baiters should be scorned and ignored by all Americans. They serve no good but to themselves.

When attending my son’s basketball games I am appalled at the sight of so many teenage black girls toting babies in their arms. These young women are obviously not emotionally or financially equipped to provide for their young children. The problem is so significant that some high schools provide day care at taxpayers expense. When babies are having babies something has gone terribly wrong.

Just for attribution purposes, the above comes from Ted Nuggent. The same Ted Nuggent about which THIS ARTICLE is concerned.

Though institutional racism is largely a dead and rotting carcass, race hucksters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton continue to pour gas on racism's fading embers. These irresponsible race baiters should be scorned and ignored by all Americans. They serve no good but to themselves.

When attending my son's basketball games I am appalled at the sight of so many teenage black girls toting babies in their arms. These young women are obviously not emotionally or financially equipped to provide for their young children. The problem is so significant that some high schools provide day care at taxpayers expense. When babies are having babies something has gone terribly wrong.

Just for attribution purposes, the above comes from Ted Nuggent. The same Ted Nuggent about which THIS ARTICLE is concerned.

What I find kind of funny is that McCain is going to be the one representing the Republican Party and that guy is more "left wing" then some of the Democrats that are in the senate and in the house! The hard "Right Wing Wannabes" are so caught up in the "I love my guns and that is why I will back the Republican!" are too stupid to realize this. If McCain is elected, they will get a rude awakening! ;)

I have a personal interest in this. I work in Police work, the Narcotics section to be exact. I have seen Bush and the Repubilcans cut law enforcement funding thus losing our Narcotics Task Force Grant. Some of you say so what, we now have the Patriot Act! Hey that's great but what about the turd who is now starting up his Meth lab next to your house or farm? Hell when we were getting the grant we had a chance to actually sit on labs, gather intel and make arrests that really smacked the Meth dealers right in the mouth. Now we can't work past 8 hours a day because the city doesn't want to pay for the overtime. State politicians cringe at the moment you say "Meth Lab". Why you ask? Because since the COPS Bill was ousted by Bush, the state now has to foot the bill for Meth Lab clean up. This bill runs about 2 to 10 thousand dollars a lab. Do you think Police Chiefs and Sheriffs want the State Legislature breathing down their necks because "their boys" are rooting up these Meth Labs and costing the state a lot of cash! Ever heard the saying..."Turning a blind eye"? People don't realize that half if not more of your house/vehicle burglaries and crimes against persons (robberies,shootings) are stemmed from drugs. Funny how that works aint it? Slash crime bills (the COPS bill) and grant money and crime goes back up. I have personally seen it first hand!

What I find kind of funny is that McCain is going to be the one representing the Republican Party and that guy is more "left wing" then some of the Democrats that are in the senate and in the house! The hard "Right Wing Wannabes" are so caught up in the "I love my guns and that is why I will back the Republican!" are too stupid to realize this. If McCain is elected, they will get a rude awakening! ;)

I have a personal interest in this. I work in Police work, the Narcotics section to be exact. I have seen Bush and the Repubilcans cut law enforcement funding thus losing our Narcotics Task Force Grant. Some of you say so what, we now have the Patriot Act! Hey that's great but what about the turd who is now starting up his Meth lab next to your house or farm? Hell when we were getting the grant we had a chance to actually sit on labs, gather intel and make arrests that really smacked the Meth dealers right in the mouth. Now we can't work past 8 hours a day because the city doesn't want to pay for the overtime. State politicians cringe at the moment you say "Meth Lab". Why you ask? Because since the COPS Bill was ousted by Bush, the state now has to foot the bill for Meth Lab clean up. This bill runs about 2 to 10 thousand dollars a lab. Do you think Police Chiefs and Sheriffs want the State Legislature breathing down their necks because "their boys" are rooting up these Meth Labs and costing the state a lot of cash! Ever heard the saying..."Turning a blind eye"? People don't realize that half if not more of your house/vehicle burglaries and crimes against persons (robberies,shootings) are stemmed from drugs. Funny how that works aint it? Slash crime bills (the COPS bill) and grant money and crime goes back up. I have personally seen it first hand!

Actually, that's a pretty common practice of Republican administrations, and the current administration in particular. The practice begins with the promise to cut taxes. Once that's done, then federal funding is cut to various programs - in addition to the "street crime" funding, there's Medicaid, the highway trust fund, and similar examples.

Oddly enough, the "middle class" is so enamored of cutting taxes that they fail to notice - or simply bitch - when various services (such as highway funds) are cut. The poor - who suffer the most by this practice - lack the political voice to change it.

The rich, of course, or generally unaffected - even benefitting from tax breaks. This has been going on since at least Reagan. The elder Bush, while running against Reagan, referred to this "trickle-down" theory as "voodoo economics", and he was right. When the rich receive tax breaks, their level of spending (and thus the level of money plowed into the economy as a stimulus) does not increase appreciably - it's simply "banked" by the rich.

Generally speaking, Americans tend to get the kind of representation they deserve, when you consider that most are not willing to educate themselves on the issues...

The irony is that the republicans parade around with the 'tough on crime' mantra, then cut the funding. While the dems, get labeled as 'soft on crime' yet are willing to put the money on the table to fund law enforcement.

And this doesnt even get into the bait and switch 'conservatives' play with sections of the nation with getting people to vote against their economic interests by wrapping themselves in the flag, and holding the Bible aloft.

Is Obama's "promise" to have the troops out of Iraq by the end of his first year in office, really going to work?

I think it's going to cause more harm, than good at this point. Who's not to say that once we pull out of Iraq, that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, won't take the opportunity to attack a "weakened" Iraq? Thats just one of many possible scenario's that could occur.

In my eyes, one of the major problems with the war in Iraq, is that there is too much media there. They have to fight a war under a microscope. Generals are too worried about having to face a congressional commitee explaining their actions, than they are worried about winning the war. This war is being fought from capital hill, which is a good way to lose any war.

But the media are bringing up things that are relatively small, in the grand scheme of things, such as abu ghraib, for example. Imagine if this amount of media coverage was in play during WW II? When we were using flamethrowers to clear out the caves on Iwo Jima, imagine the outcry that would have ensued.

The media needs to be expelled from iraq, to kuwait, for example, and let the war be fought by those who know, and not those in Washington.

Finally, I can't endorse a president who has never served in the military. How do they know what it's like when they put soldiers/sailors/airmen, into harms way? I've always thought that should be one of the stipulations to becoming president, is to have served in a branch of the military.

Sorry to have gone a different direction...

Is Obama's "promise" to have the troops out of Iraq by the end of his first year in office, really going to work?

I think it's going to cause more harm, than good at this point. Who's not to say that once we pull out of Iraq, that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, won't take the opportunity to attack a "weakened" Iraq? Thats just one of many possible scenario's that could occur.

In my eyes, one of the major problems with the war in Iraq, is that there is too much media there. They have to fight a war under a microscope. Generals are too worried about having to face a congressional commitee explaining their actions, than they are worried about winning the war. This war is being fought from capital hill, which is a good way to lose any war.

But the media are bringing up things that are relatively small, in the grand scheme of things, such as abu ghraib, for example. Imagine if this amount of media coverage was in play during WW II? When we were using flamethrowers to clear out the caves on Iwo Jima, imagine the outcry that would have ensued.

The media needs to be expelled from iraq, to kuwait, for example, and let the war be fought by those who know, and not those in Washington.

Finally, I can't endorse a president who has never served in the military. How do they know what it's like when they put soldiers/sailors/airmen, into harms way? I've always thought that should be one of the stipulations to becoming president, is to have served in a branch of the military.

Sorry to have gone a different direction...

So your only reason for endorsing a President is because he has served in the Military? Did I read that correctly?

The irony is that the republicans parade around with the 'tough on crime' mantra, then cut the funding. While the dems, get labeled as 'soft on crime' yet are willing to put the money on the table to fund law enforcement.

I'll weigh in here.

I don't know much about either party's platforms or actions, and I'll defer to your knowledge in this area.

However, we are talking about different philosophies: larger federal government vs smaller federal government. There are merits to each, and it is a matter of political philosophy, and not a matter of right and wrong, as you present it.

The question is: what is the role of the federal government? Should [various functions] be up to the feds? state governments? local governments? corporations? You'll find in most respects that power in the American system is decentralized to a far greater extent than in the European countries. It's a philosophy; not right or wrong; just laissez-faire, leave it alone.

Here's a question for you liberals, conservatives and moderates:

If Obama is elected president, do you honestly think he would immediately pull our troops out of Iraq? What if his generals strongly advise him against doing that? Do you think he is going to listen to his generals?

I can't imagine him not listening. We already have a president who failed to listen to his generals. I don't think Barack, Billary or John are going to ignore their advice. So the anti-war activists may be in for a big disappointment no matter who is elected.

the larger vs smaller federal gov isnt as clear as some want to make it. People want certain services, and demand them of the gov in some fashion, either from federal or local. Chopping money from fed spending for tax cuts on people and corperations that dont pay spit for taxes in the first place, shifts the burden to the local govs, increasing local sales and property taxes. Your income taxes didnt get lower, you just see less of them spent in ways that matter to you.

The immediate pull out isnt something that happens over night, it isnt logisticly possible. What the plan would be is to start the removal of the forces with a draw down that would take better than a year to remove everything. Comments made by McCain that leaving troops there "for 100 years wouldnt offense my sensibilities" are insane.

If Obama is elected president, do you honestly think he would immediately pull our troops out of Iraq? What if his generals strongly advise him against doing that? Do you think he is going to listen to his generals?

I can't imagine him not listening. We already have a president who failed to listen to his generals. I don't think Barack, Billary or John are going to ignore their advice. So the anti-war activists may be in for a big disappointment no matter who is elected.

Many Generals strongly advised Bush not to go to war before they had an exit strategy firmly in place. We all see how that is working, I feel that no matter what we do in Iraq the country will never be a true Democratic nation free of Tyranny. It's sad to say but the Middle East will ALWAYS be in turmoil no matter what happens. If Obama is elected you will start to see downsizing of our forces and more turned over to the Iraqi Government. Then again, he will be inheriting a huge friggen mess started and left by "G Dubya" no matter the outcome!

Just to weigh in on a few thoughts in one post…

***SNIP***

As you noted, though, your belief is only one of many possible scenarios. I find it, based on a historical perspective and based on current situations, to be unlikely.

The history of Iraq, for almost 5,000 years, is that of a fractured state – in reality, of warring tribes. That’s true today, with the Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis. The only times that “Iran” has been a unified state is when it was ruled by a totalitarian authority. Obviously, the U.S. will not do that.

So what happens if the U.S. pulls out (either immediately or in a staged process)? Most likely, there will be a power struggle between the Shiites and Sunnis, with the Kurds remaining isolated in the North (they already claim to not belong to the “unified” Iran). And what of the insurgents? Not much. They wouldn’t be able to gain in greater foothold than they have now, as any attempt to align with one faction of Iran’s population will bring about immediate reprisal by the other.

More to the point, I have yet to understand the argument that a U.S. pullout would result in “the terrorists gaining a foothold”. They have that – and the fact that it has remained largely a guerilla action points out that most Iraqis will not subscribe to their cause. If they were going to, they would have done so by now; the presence of Americans in the country would be a natural unifying force – but it hasn’t happened.

Further, what more do we have to fear? The administration claims that various other countries are already bases for terrorist operations – Syria, Iran, etc. Claiming Iraq (even if it was possible) would gain terrorist only one thing – access to oil. But if they try that, they have to create static locations that we can easily attack with little risk to us.

The reality is that 5,000 of history demonstrates that Iraq will never be democratized or unified (at least, not without totalitarian rule) – there will always be tribal conflicts and warfare.

***SNIP***

The question is: what is the role of the federal government? Should [various functions] be up to the feds? state governments? local governments? corporations? You'll find in most respects that power in the American system is decentralized to a far greater extent than in the European countries. It's a philosophy; not right or wrong; just laissez-faire, leave it alone.

Certainly, there are some functions that need to reside with the federal government. Just to name one – the Interstate highway system would never have come into being without a nationally unified system. In fact, interstate commerce would be a nightmare without a federal oversight system. And look at minimum wage – if not for the federal oversight, some regions would be so poor (due to lack of resources, initiative, etc.) that someone born to a particular region or state would start life in a huge hole, with little possibility of moving upward.

But all of that comes with a price – a way to pay for it…

Of course, that presumes that the generals would tell him not to pull out. As we have seen, generals that disagreed with Bush and the neo-cons were “retired” or reassigned for speaking out. It hardly does them or their careers any good to state anything but the party line. But do they honestly feel that the mission can succeed? Who knows? Until there is an administration that fosters open, honest appraisals, there’s little the generals can do but toe the party line.

Having said that, an immediate pullout is impossible – both logistically and in terms of protecting our troops. It presents too large a target for attack. Better to do a staged withdrawal.

Actually, that's a pretty common practice of Republican administrations, and the current administration in particular. The practice begins with the promise to cut taxes. Once that's done, then federal funding is cut to various programs - in addition to the "street crime" funding, there's Medicaid, the highway trust fund, and similar examples.

Oddly enough, the "middle class" is so enamored of cutting taxes that they fail to notice - or simply bitch - when various services (such as highway funds) are cut. The poor - who suffer the most by this practice - lack the political voice to change it.

The rich, of course, or generally unaffected - even benefitting from tax breaks. This has been going on since at least Reagan. The elder Bush, while running against Reagan, referred to this "trickle-down" theory as "voodoo economics", and he was right. When the rich receive tax breaks, their level of spending (and thus the level of money plowed into the economy as a stimulus) does not increase appreciably - it's simply "banked" by the rich.

Generally speaking, Americans tend to get the kind of representation they deserve, when you consider that most are not willing to educate themselves on the issues...

And this doesnt even get into the bait and switch 'conservatives' play with sections of the nation with getting people to vote against their economic interests by wrapping themselves in the flag, and holding the Bible aloft.

I have seen this happen first hand in the great state of MN....Pawlenty cut taxes and did all this "great" stuff, but then we noticed all of these important groups (fire, police, etc...) losing members. He always says he will raise taxes...and that is true, but then there are all these "fees" that are added on. I just love the political vocab that they use and can get away with.

Listening and believing what Karl Rove has to say is like listening to Hitler and thinking he has some great ideas for running a country.

If for some reason the Democrats do not win this...which would be a huge shock for me, than McCain will be the next best thing. If it was not for the war, he wold pretty much be a Democrat.