Criminals playing football

Is it just me or are football players all over the place getting suspensions and getting kicked off teams right and left? Every time I check ESPN, CBS Sportsline, etc etc... all I see are stories about players from various schools (doesn't seem like it focusses on any one school) doing things of various levels of illegality. I know it's the doldrums of the offseason, so more stories like this are bound to show up. But really, are kids out of high school just getting stupider and stupider? They're throwing away absolutely free educations at great schools because they can't stay out of trouble.

Seems like such a waste to me.

Part of it that kids are being scrutinized more. I can't remember who it was that a story was told of...he got out of a bar, saw a milk truck and not wanting to walk home, drove it home. If a kid did that today he'd be done. 30 years ago he got a slap on the hand.

I think people just looked the other way more back then.

Part of it that kids are being scrutinized more. I can't remember who it was that a story was told of...he got out of a bar, saw a milk truck and not wanting to walk home, drove it home. If a kid did that today he'd be done. 30 years ago he got a slap on the hand.

I think people just looked the other way more back then.

:yeah The schools used to be able to cover it up more, but it is harder now to do that. It is hard to keep anything quiet now days.

While it's true that the level of scrutiny has increased, the major contributing factor is...society itself.

Athletes are a reflection of society. As the level of acceptable conduct sinks, it's reflected in the behavior of the athletes. And as society tends to pamper and glorify athletes at younger and younger ages, and promotes that kind of behavior (just look at the NBA and NFL - PacMan Jones, etc.), it becomes more ingrained in the athlete - they begin to feel a level of entitlement that is unrealistic.

While it's true that the level of scrutiny has increased, the major contributing factor is...society itself.

Athletes are a reflection of society. As the level of acceptable conduct sinks, it's reflected in the behavior of the athletes. And as society tends to pamper and glorify athletes at younger and younger ages, and promotes that kind of behavior (just look at the NBA and NFL - PacMan Jones, etc.), it becomes more ingrained in the athlete - they begin to feel a level of entitlement that is unrealistic.

:yeah COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER AR. :yeah

alot of the violations are 'team rules' for the spring suspensions. That can be anything from a felony to skipping a class or missing meetings. Many of these things would never have made the national news before the internet. I dont think there is much more now than there ever was, we just hear more about it, and less is deemed acceptable. Power schools used to beable to cover up anything short of murder, so you never had the players actually getting charged with anything.

This world is going straight to H&LL. Everytime that i turn on the TV there's always a story about some guy killing this guy or like today on The Today Show they were showing this mom giving her daughter a bath in at Car Wash using the pressure washer :wtf .

People with money or talent think that they are better than everybody else and think that they should be treated like kings.

Very well said AR!!!! The fact that someone like PacMan Jones can have a person in his "crew" shoot someone and then claim he doesn't know anything about it is a perfect example of what is wrong with our society. Money and fame make people think they can do whatever they want.

This world is going straight to H&LL. Everytime that i turn on the TV there's always a story about some guy killing this guy or like today on The Today Show they were showing this mom giving her daughter a bath in at Car Wash using the pressure washer .

People with money or talent think that they are better than everybody else and think that they should be treated like kings.

But yet violent crime continues to decline. Accept for drugs... :moreinteresting