QB Robert Barry

• 4 months later...

The next Adam Carriker?

Well considering Adam Carriker was faster than most DEs, stronger than most DEs, smarter than most DEs, bigger than most DEs and could throw the ball 90 yards...

I'd take Carriker as QB anyday. They asked him to but he said no. It was a while before BC knew he was an Oregon QB recruit after he saw Carriker throw the ball a billion yards one practice.

The next Adam Carriker?

Well considering Adam Carriker was faster than most DEs, stronger than most DEs, smarter than most DEs, bigger than most DEs and could throw the ball 90 yards...

I'd take Carriker as QB anyday. They asked him to but he said no. It was a while before BC knew he was an Oregon QB recruit after he saw Carriker throw the ball a billion yards one practice.

That all sounds good but Adam him self said he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it were in front of him. He also said throwing the ball a mile doesn't mean anything if you can't hit a reciever. He did try it on High school.

Honestly, I see him kind of in the Tyson Hetzer kind of mold. He has the size and seems to be a good athlete. The measurables speak for themselves. The difference is that we have 4-5 years to develop Barry and didn't risk a scholarship on it. I really thought that if we had Hetzer as a high school prospect, he could have been a decent to good TE.

Channel 6 just went over the walkons and showed that Barry is being recruited as a TE.

There are 13 walkon commits so far and they expect 2 more.

and i don't think nebraska is anywhere near full-up on scholarships. expect a couple of these kids to get offers from the team if they show hustle.

Channel 6 just went over the walkons and showed that Barry is being recruited as a TE.

There are 13 walkon commits so far and they expect 2 more.

and i don't think nebraska is anywhere near full-up on scholarships. expect a couple of these kids to get offers from the team if they show hustle.

More than likely, the extra scholarships will go to junior/senior walkons that have been here and are contributors to our team. The walk-ons this year will have a chance at a scholarship a couple years down the road.