Just got a Husker red car

I want us to get Chargers for patrol cars, but our Chief thinks they are too aggressive?! :blink:

We have a few of the 6 cylinders (to save the city gas) and they SUCK! ZERO pick up when you punch the gas. I have and always will be partial to the good ole reliable Crown Vic. Although I now drive a F250 as my unmarked.

Well, I think the Hemi is great, once you get it rolling, will out run most, but not all. But on a 1/4 mile, it really don't compare to something like a corvette or Viper. I looked at the viper, but it was way beyond my little budget...besides, it didn't have satellite radio already installed.... :bang

I want us to get Chargers for patrol cars, but our Chief thinks they are too aggressive?! :blink:

The State Patrol here is starting to roll out their new dark blue Chargers.

The Oklamaha County Sherrifs have Chargers. Bought them with seized drug money. Some of the residents threw a hissy-fit when they rolled them out saying the Sherrif wasted tax-payers money. Sherrif shot that argument down in a hurry when he said they were paid for with seized drug money.

We have a few of the 6 cylinders (to save the city gas) and they SUCK! ZERO pick up when you punch the gas. I have and always will be partial to the good ole reliable Crown Vic. Although I now drive a F250 as my unmarked.

The county sheriff's office is starting to get some Chargers, but they all have the Hemi's in them. The State Troopers are starting to get them as well. One of the Troopers told me the other night he was responding to an emergency and got his up to 157 MPH!!!! He said that it wasn't topped out and still had more left to give. I don't know if I need to go that damn fast to a call!?

The county sheriff's office is starting to get some Chargers, but they all have the Hemi's in them. The State Troopers are starting to get them as well. One of the Troopers told me the other night he was responding to an emergency and got his up to 157 MPH!!!! He said that it wasn't topped out and still had more left to give. I don't know if I need to go that damn fast to a call!?

I have the superchips module for mine, and took it over to Iowa to a county where I know some of the law enforcement officers, found a long long straight stretch between two hills where I could see that there was nobody coming the other way - and I let 'er rip...like I said, it don't take off really fast, but once you get it to going...mmmm...I had it up to 156 mph and the rear started getting a little loose (Iowa's bumpy roads, thank you) so I backed off of it. according to my superchips program it will do 180 mph before red lining IF you set it up that way. I have the 18" wheels on it, if you upgrade to the 20" they put on the Daytona's now, I am betting you could do 200 mph easy...and if you didn't mind getting into the red paint on the dial, who knows what the limit is. I don't want to destroy my car, so I am not about to find out.

On the east coast they rent tracks now and then that you pay a fee and can go out and run (have to wear a helmet). Then there are drag strips that will open to the public now and then too...but the Hemi is not that fast in the 1/4 mile. It is a distance runner...the farther you run the faster you can run.

If you go to the charger forum linked above, they have a tip to get a digital MPH reading on the dash when you are running so you don't have to look at the guage and try to decipher. There are actually a lot of good tip and mods that anyone can do on there if you look.

I love my Hemi...just hate that gas card bill at the end of the month!! :clap

Because I am on the road all the time, I am "moving" to Nevada where my sister lives - keeping the gf in lincoln though, so my car will be out here most of the time. But they have cheap vanity plates out there, and I am thinking of either getting HUSKER2 , HSKRKID, HSKRRED, COPBAIT, HEMMMMI, or because it is yellow YOKESTR, YOKER, or NANNNR. Kind of leaning on one of the first two. Anyone have any other good ones I can steal (since it isn't going to be registered in Nebraska anymore....) I would love to hear them.

I have the superchips module for mine, and took it over to Iowa to a county where I know some of the law enforcement officers, found a long long straight stretch between two hills where I could see that there was nobody coming the other way - and I let 'er rip...like I said, it don't take off really fast, but once you get it to going...mmmm...I had it up to 156 mph and the rear started getting a little loose (Iowa's bumpy roads, thank you) so I backed off of it. according to my superchips program it will do 180 mph before red lining IF you set it up that way. I have the 18" wheels on it, if you upgrade to the 20" they put on the Daytona's now, I am betting you could do 200 mph easy...and if you didn't mind getting into the red paint on the dial, who knows what the limit is. I don't want to destroy my car, so I am not about to find out.

On the east coast they rent tracks now and then that you pay a fee and can go out and run (have to wear a helmet). Then there are drag strips that will open to the public now and then too...but the Hemi is not that fast in the 1/4 mile. It is a distance runner...the farther you run the faster you can run.

If you go to the charger forum linked above, they have a tip to get a digital MPH reading on the dash when you are running so you don't have to look at the guage and try to decipher. There are actually a lot of good tip and mods that anyone can do on there if you look.

Because I am on the road all the time, I am "moving" to Nevada where my sister lives - keeping the gf in lincoln though, so my car will be out here most of the time. But they have cheap vanity plates out there, and I am thinking of either getting HUSKER2 , HSKRKID, HSKRRED, COPBAIT, HEMMMMI, or because it is yellow YOKESTR, YOKER, or NANNNR. Kind of leaning on one of the first two. Anyone have any other good ones I can steal (since it isn't going to be registered in Nebraska anymore....) I would love to hear them.

Go with COPBAIT. Nothing says "Hey guys pull me over" like a vanity plate that reads "COPBAIT". :rollin

Go with COPBAIT. Nothing says "Hey guys pull me over" like a vanity plate that reads "COPBAIT". :rollin

I have a CDL....need to keep my license....lol...my gf said I would be nuts to go with that one...but I figure the cops would think I was either nuts, a lawyer, or could afford a good lawyer...none of which is correct btw...except the nuts MAYBE.... :corndance

I was walking out to my car last night to leave work when one of the county deputies went buy doing well over 100 going to a call and that car sounded mean as hell!!!

I was walking out to my car last night to leave work when one of the county deputies went buy doing well over 100 going to a call and that car sounded mean as hell!!!

:) my gf gets wet when I just start it up...then we turn the car off, go back in the house and let her cool down. :clap

I was going to get a personalized plate with a Homerism. "DOO00OH" (Alternating zeros and O's to help combat the photo-radar, but they were already on to me and returned my $$).

Out here in AZ there's a website you can check out to see if the plate you dream up is already taken.

Most of the Husker plates imaginable are already taken (Large following out here), but I was able to substitute a "3" for an "E" in several plate ideas (like "HUSK3R"), so you might want to try something like that.

(or a "5" instead of "S" i.e. "HU5KER5")

I was going to get a personalized plate with a Homerism. "DOO00OH" (Alternating zeros and O's to help combat the photo-radar, but they were already on to me and returned my $$).

Out here in AZ there's a website you can check out to see if the plate you dream up is already taken.

Most of the Husker plates imaginable are already taken (Large following out here), but I was able to substitute a "3" for an "E" in several plate ideas (like "HUSK3R"), so you might want to try something like that.

(or a "5" instead of "S" i.e. "HU5KER5")

That is a great idea, never would have thought of that one. Nevada has a site like that too....gonna run and check it out now.