SIGNED: DE Jason Ankrah

Does anybody know if there are any grade concerns with Jason. I would explode if we lost this guy to academics.

I'm sure there is newer info but here's where he was in the spring before his senior year:

Ankrah reports a 2.4 core GPA and a 790 SAT, which he is retaking in the fall. He's also taking the ACT on June 14 and is enrolled in summer school (Algebra I and English 10B).

That is not qualifying according to this. Surely there is something else with an updated SAT score. (And ACT and GPA for that matter.)

Edit: only thing I find is a mention that PSU would not have offered if he wasn't eligible. Since they did and there has been no mention since early in the year, I figure he should be good; just needs to finish off his core courses.

Does anybody know if there are any grade concerns with Jason. I would explode if we lost this guy to academics.

I'm sure there is newer info but here's where he was in the spring before his senior year:

Ankrah reports a 2.4 core GPA and a 790 SAT, which he is retaking in the fall. He's also taking the ACT on June 14 and is enrolled in summer school (Algebra I and English 10B).

That is not qualifying according to this. Surely there is something else with an updated SAT score. (And ACT and GPA for that matter.)

Edit: only thing I find is a mention that PSU would not have offered if he wasn't eligible. Since they did and there has been no mention since early in the year, I figure he should be good; just needs to finish off his core courses.

hey thank for the update. That calms my worries alittle.

Taking Algebra I in summer school prior to senior year...gosh, that's a freshman math course in high school. I sure hope he qualifies. No wonder he'd have some trouble on the SATs, but he just needs to learn some tricks of attacking problems, get his head into the game...has he retaken?