SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

What's the latest on Rex? Any of yall know?

I would LOVE to see this guy in red. Kid is a S-T-U-D.

I'm from Plano and have seen Rex play alot. For yall that don't know, Plano is one of the most heralded HS programs in Texas history and he is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, player I've seen come through there in my 20+ years of watching Wildcat football. That says alot about this kid.

The rivals 3* ranking is a joke. The kid is a serious PLAYMAKER. Think Wes Welker.

• Fire 1

I've seen the kid burn 4-star defensive backs.

you mean 'outrun' or 'set on fire'.

or both?

He burns them with his repertoire of "your momma" jokes.

Over on HI they think Burkman will get the 4th * eventually. It looks kinda silly to see 3* next to a guy who has a laundry-list of top programs lined-up for him. Plus the athleticism and production is obviously there.

I think he commits to someplace where he'll be the big rb for their class.

I've seen the kid burn 4-star defensive backs.

you mean 'outrun' or 'set on fire'.

or both?

He burns them with his repertoire of "your momma" jokes.

Over on HI they think Burkman will get the 4th * eventually. It looks kinda silly to see 3* next to a guy who has a laundry-list of top programs lined-up for him. Plus the athleticism and production is obviously there.

I think he commits to someplace where he'll be the big rb for their class.

Personally, I hope the Huskers (or Aggies :) ) get him and put him in a slot receiver type role. If you can get this kid in the open field, he is lethal. He doesn't have the "burst" that a running back needs but he DEFINATELY has the shiftiness and open field speed that kills defenses.

• 3 weeks later...

Still open I guess:

Summer Visit with Plano RB Rex Burkhead

3:21 PM Tue, Jul 15, 2008

Billy Eichenholz

I met today with Plano RB Rex Burkhead and his coach Jaydon McCullough for the fifth installment of the Summer Visit series. Like always, the video will be posted this friday on hsgametime.com/dfw.

Burkhead (5-11, 200) just returned from the FSN Southwest 7-on-7 state tournament where his Plano Wildcats lost in the quarterfinals to Colleyville Heritage.

This summer he said he has been working out a lot and plans to start up on his college visits very soon. He doesn't have a top-five right now, but some of the schools that he listed were Nebraska, Stanford, Louisville, Texas Tech and Cal. He said that he is going to take a trip out to California to visit Cal and Stanford in the next few weeks and hopes to start narrowing down the schools soon.

At the moment, Burkhead doesn't have a time-frame for when he would like to committ by.

Throughout the interview, McCullough stressed the humility and maturity that Burkhead has shown throughout the entire recruiting process.

• 3 weeks later...

info on Rex from espn

Rex Burkhead spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com about his recent trip to campus.

"We took a campus tour and met all the coaches. It's been good. I kind of grew up a Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown fan. I started talking to Coach (Greg) Knox last year, and it grew from there."

He added, "I'd say they are up there. I definitely have interest in them. I love the new offensive system."

Auburn will be competing with Stanford, California, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Texas Tech for Burkhead's signature.

Link

wes welker? maybe?

You gotta admit, it is funny every time a white kid is compared to another white kid. :)

But Burkhead doesn't have the wiggle or quickness of Welker. The thing with Rex is that he is one of those hard nosed kids who will play balls out every play. Incredible hands and could easily line up out wide as well as playing RB.

wes welker? maybe?

You gotta admit, it is funny every time a white kid is compared to another white kid. :)

Haha, I think it's hilarious too. Even ESPN media personalities do it. It's exactly like how people are comparing Marlowe to Tim Dwight.

I agree with the assessment of Burkhead - I feel like he is the type of guy that would trade a touchdown reception for a de-cleating hit on a receiver over the middle any day of the week. Hopefully he ends up on defense.

wes welker? maybe?

Haha, I think it's hilarious too. Even ESPN media personalities do it. It's exactly like how people are comparing Marlowe to Tim Dwight.

I agree with the assessment of Burkhead - I feel like he is the type of guy that would trade a touchdown reception for a de-cleating hit on a receiver over the middle any day of the week. Hopefully he ends up on defense.

Yeah it is funny....but would you rather someone compare Tim Marlowe to Devin Hester? :dunno