This is sad...

My comments were directed at college football. I believe there are at least 6 or 7 other colleges/universities that play NCAA football in the state. I have no idea if they were on the same day or not, but they do have their fans. I do know that a lot of the southwest are Arkansas fans, but my guess is that a lot of the northwest are Nebraska fans too.

It is obvious that selling out or large numbers has been a tremendous help to the team. See the last 4 years.

It means nothing. Recruiting it may help, but doubtful, most kids know we are a little crazy about our team, but the comments from last year about kiling coaches and booing the team most likely speak louder than the sell out to real potential players.

And the KC/Denver remarks really have no value, you could say that Memphis, University of Arkansas, Tulsa could draw their fans as well.

There is a lot to do in Missouri and they have not been the most dominant team, so any increase I am sure is welcomed.

My comments were directed at college football. I believe there are at least 6 or 7 other colleges/universities that play NCAA football in the state. I have no idea if they were on the same day or not, but they do have their fans. I do know that a lot of the southwest are Arkansas fans, but my guess is that a lot of the northwest are Nebraska fans too.

It is obvious that selling out or large numbers has been a tremendous help to the team. See the last 4 years.

It means nothing. Recruiting it may help, but doubtful, most kids know we are a little crazy about our team, but the comments from last year about kiling coaches and booing the team most likely speak louder than the sell out to real potential players.

And the KC/Denver remarks really have no value, you could say that Memphis, University of Arkansas, Tulsa could draw their fans as well.

There is a lot to do in Missouri and they have not been the most dominant team, so any increase I am sure is welcomed.

Not sure what both Memphis fans in Western Nebraska were doing Saturday, but I can't imagine they could've done more of it in Missouri.

I usually just ended up visiting relatives and playing with my girl cousins whenever we visited Mo. and I hated playing Barbies.

You're probably right about the detrimental effect of our? attempts on the Coaches life had on kids like Gabbert, but you also have to understand..The instate kids and out of state recruits that were fans 1st (You know..the kind like we used to get..even walk-ons like I.M.Hipp) probably were also sticking pins in their Cally Dolls.

THe riddance of Frankie probably scared more faint of heart recruits than this change of coaches.

The number of fans they drew for a "Practice" is nice..But when you compaire the large population base around there..or even here at ASU..It's much more funner to brag about being from Nebraska and being a fan with not much else to do..THan to have been from there.

JMO.. <_<

I could care less how many showed up at either place. It has no bearing on the team or the game to be played.

Remember Missouri has a whole lot more than one team. Thier football team is not their life from birth.

We need to win the games and not really concern ourselves about sold out spring games. It means absolutely nothing to anyone come September.

We showed support for our team, that is what fans do. Nothing more, nothing less. And if Missour got more than they had had before, it is a positive for them.

They have scoreboard in what counts. We can talk about what is important come October. This is not important at all.

I agree, I don't really care about the attendance to their games. We just need to get on done between the sidelines this next season.

I could care less how many showed up at either place. It has no bearing on the team or the game to be played.

Remember Missouri has a whole lot more than one team. Thier football team is not their life from birth.

We need to win the games and not really concern ourselves about sold out spring games. It means absolutely nothing to anyone come September.

We showed support for our team, that is what fans do. Nothing more, nothing less. And if Missour got more than they had had before, it is a positive for them.

They have scoreboard in what counts. We can talk about what is important come October. This is not important at all.

I agree, I don't really care about the attendance to their games. We just need to get on done between the sidelines this next season.

Well, IMHO Mizzou is the team that has to be beat. I think they will do far better than KU will. And from what I heard about their spring game, sounds like they have their stuff together again this year.

BTW, KU only had 10,000 show up at their spring game...that is sad after the season they had last year...

I think I heard on the radio out here that CU drew 17,000 for their game yesterday and they were thrilled to have that many.

:wasted I know THAT was because of FREE BEER!! A weekly tradition out there, I think Coors has a pipeline directly into the student section at the stadium right down the mountain.

What Missouri has sports wise

St.Louis Rams

Kansas City chiefs

St. Louis Cardinals <---- Wining tradition playing games this time of year

St. Louis Blues

Kansas City Royals <-------- playing games at this time (surprisingly good this year)

Missouri Tigers <----------- Sub par tradition

What Nebraska has sports wise

Nebraska Corn huskers <--- Wining tradition

not to belittle the huskers attendance but obviously one has less competition to sell out sporting events.

Nebraska has a great freakin zoo!

And CARHENGE!!

carhengeSubheader.jpg

Carhenge is easily worth three Kansas City Royals games any day.

Well to change the thread a little, my son who works at MU has a friend that was a DB coach at Michigan until Rodriquez got there. He now works as some sort of assistant for Missouri, making certain required classes are being attended. He states they have big problems in the running back area. They do not feel they will be able to run the ball. Very disappointed at this time. None of their expected players stepped up in spring training.

Now that is what this guy told my son, and if he is truly in the know is to be questioned, but Scott has become a pretty big Missouri fan and seems to think the guy is legit. Just a little info I thought some might like to hear.

BTW, KU only had 10,000 show up at their spring game...that is sad after the season they had last year...

Yeah, and most of them were upset a basketball game didn't breakout.

:clap:yeah maybe they need to put rims on the goal posts?

I found this little tidbit while surfing tonight....you would think that with the season they had last year, they would do better....

COLUMBIA, Mo.-- A crowd of 26,322, about twice as large as previous years, watched Chase Daniel go 22-for-28 for 195 yards and two touchdowns

Has Nebraska EVER had that low of an attendance at a Spring Game? Maybe they need to try Cy's Cyclones method to getting people to show up....free beer. :wasted

Well, good for Missouri. There's really no need to put them down for it, IMO. When all we've got to flaunt is spring game attendance over Missouri, that's sad.

Yea so what we have the number 1 attendance for a spring game i just want football season to hurry up and be here

No that honor goes to Alabama

WRONG!

Alabama had 78K show up. Here's a verifiable source:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2008.../381927811/1011

However, I don't know how many attended Ohio State's spring game.

This being said, I agree with the opinion that the number of attendees of a spring game does not a national champion make. However, it goes a long way towards recruiting.........

slmhusker

Ohio State

Todd Boeckman looked like Todd Boeckman, mostly steady with some big plays and a few forced throws. He led the Scarlet to a 20-7 victory yesterday in Ohio Stadium on a cool, drizzly day in front of an announced crowd of 76,346 -- including Terrelle Pryor, the Buckeyes' top-rated quarterback prospect.

Yea so what we have the number 1 attendance for a spring game i just want football season to hurry up and be here

No that honor goes to Alabama

WRONG!

Alabama had 78K show up. Here's a verifiable source:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2008.../381927811/1011

However, I don't know how many attended Ohio State's spring game.

This being said, I agree with the opinion that the number of attendees of a spring game does not a national champion make. However, it goes a long way towards recruiting.........

slmhusker

Ohio State

Todd Boeckman looked like Todd Boeckman, mostly steady with some big plays and a few forced throws. He led the Scarlet to a 20-7 victory yesterday in Ohio Stadium on a cool, drizzly day in front of an announced crowd of 76,346 -- including Terrelle Pryor, the Buckeyes' top-rated quarterback prospect.

:bang I hate Ohio State... :bang I hate Ohio State... :bang I hate Ohio State...

Now go ahead and ask me if I like Ohio State...go on...I dare you...I triple dog dare you... :nutz