I feel like us as husker fans will be in for a long season

Calm down man. I don't think you realize how much talent we have on this team. Believe it or not, we have a lot of it and if we have the right personell, which I belive we do, then we're going to be fine. These guys work their tails off and seem like the best player coaches you could ask for. I'm actually pretty excited and if we end up being a 6 win team I'll be upset, but I know that it's a step in the right direction and that something special is being built.

:wtf What...are you a bunch of f-ing morons or what? Give me a break. Do you even remember what the last season was like? If you have nothing, nothing at all, positive to say, then just shut the hell up. Do you expect Bo to come in and wave a magic wand and in 14 practices have everything perfect? If so, you are a f=ing moron, and I don't care if I do get banned...that is my not so humble opinion.

What a bunch of ingrates. You make all this judgment on 14 practices and a scrimmage. What losers. :angry: When we have a good season, I hope you just keep your mouths shut, or are you just going to criticize then too? If you are real Husker fans, you take the good and the bad, and you hope for the best, not rip everyone before the season has even started. What pessimists you are...

so we had an offense that ended the year scoring in bunches last year, but lost b/c our defense gave up 70 pts a game

by my account, i think our offense has a chance to be better this year,

1. our qb is relatively proven, no one knew which keller we were going to get last year

2. our backfield is stacked

3. our line is as good, if not better, only thing we lost was nicks and burkes will fill that hole

4. we have enough receivers to fill the void we lost, and with ganz running everywhere, receivers are bound to get open

5. Cally aint here

so we had an offense that ended the year scoring in bunches last year, but lost b/c our defense gave up 70 pts a game

by my account, i think our offense has a chance to be better this year,

1. our qb is relatively proven, no one knew which keller we were going to get last year

2. our backfield is stacked

3. our line is as good, if not better, only thing we lost was nicks and burkes will fill that hole

4. we have enough receivers to fill the void we lost, and with ganz running everywhere, receivers are bound to get open

5. Cally aint here

:yeah These people watch basically a practice, a scrimmage, where the 1's or even the 2's aren't playing together as a unit, and they don't like what they see and panic. Maybe next year they shouldn't pay attention to the Spring Game....it shouldn't be taken too seriously people. It is nothing more than a propaganda mechanism for the university to gain fan support in the off season, especially under the draft format we had this year. If you are going to judge the team off of what we saw Saturday, then you know nothing about football....just read and learn, don't make asinine comments and judge the whole season off of that. :bang

:wtf What...are you a bunch of f-ing morons or what? Give me a break. Do you even remember what the last season was like? If you have nothing, nothing at all, positive to say, then just shut the hell up. Do you expect Bo to come in and wave a magic wand and in 14 practices have everything perfect? If so, you are a f=ing moron, and I don't care if I do get banned...that is my not so humble opinion.

What a bunch of ingrates. You make all this judgment on 14 practices and a scrimmage. What losers. :angry: When we have a good season, I hope you just keep your mouths shut, or are you just going to criticize then too? If you are real Husker fans, you take the good and the bad, and you hope for the best, not rip everyone before the season has even started. What pessimists you are...

Your warning level has been increased for the above post. A second violation will result in a temporary ban, a third in a permanent ban.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so long as they don't make personal attacks on other posters. If you are so easily offended by that, I suggest you take it to the Woodshed, use the Ignore function, or find another board on which to post.

I laugh at this thread. Some are basing the entire season on one OPEN practice game. Hell, we might as well not even play football this year! :ahhhhhhhh:madash:sarcasm

I agree. Come on now people. God damn. Wait for the season toc ome and for the team to start playing REAL GAMES before you throw them under the bus.

f#*k.

It was a freaking Spring-game. We weren't using the sorry BC-system to cover stuff so chinks in the armor were going to show. We aren't going to go from a total-suck defense to stalwart overnight. I expect us to have a fairly average D(horrid to average is a nice jump) that improves over the season and is above-average in creating turnovers.

As long as a couple youngsters in the receiving corps step-up the O should be nasty, and with the improved rushing-attack, more consistent.

I stand by my 8-4 prognostication.

I have not posted in a while as I have been away from a computer for quite some time, I did not see the spring game and do not really care if the team made some mistakes. It is a scrimmage and we sold it out. The players are learning a new system on Defense and some players are learning new positions in that new system.

I tell you what, why don't all the nay sayers come work for me and I will give you 14 days to be perfect or I will post all kinds of nonsense about you and how you suck or will not ever get any better.

Get over yourselves and let the kids learn.

I really do not understand why people feel let down by the spring game. If you set some sort of inflated expectations for the spring game, than thats your own fault. Its nothing more than a glorified practice. Its just the husker nation's shot in the arm to get us our fix for our football addiction. I personally have expectations for next year. I am not going to sit here and say i expect a NC and undefeated season, but I do expect our defense to play like there hair is on fire. Thats just Bo's defense. As far as a long season goes??? Why the negetivety bro? Weve had top flight recruiting classes year, after year (the one thing i will credit cally with doing). Weve certainately got the talent, and now weve got the coaching!

Top flight recruiting classes does not equal to talent.

It really just varies depending the type of system the player is in, the coaching etc, there are many variables that can cause top flight recruiting classes to become watered down. But i feel like cally really got us some talent, its just the fact that he was a horrible coach that led to his down fall.

Three months, a few practices, some personnel, and position changes. Why haven't we won the National Championship yet?... You're right, close it down....Landlord, cancel the lease to the stadium!...Well, we might as well go home now, the season is over....

I'm wrapping my head in duct tape right now, so when my head explodes all the pieces will be stuck to the tape.

I can always get a transfusion for the blood shooting out my eyes.

:throw