Holy crap i thought we were koolaid drinkers

Vuren

Here is the best post in that thread:

For me the question isn't IF Jordy will break the records but how many years it will take him. Rice played 21 seasons in the NFL, 303 games. He caught 1549 balls for 22,895 yards and 197 TD's. He scored a total of 208 TD's (counting rushing ect..).

Jordy in 12 games caught 122 balls for 1606 yards and 11 touchdowns. So add another 4 game onto those stats and its an extra 30.5 balls rounded to 31 (153), 401.5 yards rounded to 402 (2008), an extra 2.75 TD's rounded off for 14.

Thus in an average 16 game season Jordy will have 153 catches, 2008 yards and 14 TD's. Then IMO you have to give bonuses for a better running game, quarterback, and training program....so bump up the catches by 20, the yards by 250 and give a couple extra TD's. Thus 173 catches 2258 yards and 15 TD's.

So after 10 years of that he should have the catches and yards wrapped up easily b/c I didn't even take into account his talent improving somehow. On that average he will be at 150 TD's, which you can probably bump up to 170 due to aforementioned talent increases. Thus roughly in the middle of his 12th season Jordy should have that record wrapped up too.

Flawless logic.

Flawless logic, indeed.

More flawless logic follows:

Joe Dailey vs. Baylor, Oct. 16, 2004 threw for 342 yards

342 x 16 NFL games = 5472 yards per year, since he will have better receivers (and an offensive line) round that up to 7000 yds.

7000 x 37 year career because he's ripped = 259,000 career yards

Beat that Josh!!!!!!!!

For me the question isn't IF Jordy will break the records but how many years it will take him. Rice played 21 seasons in the NFL, 303 games. He caught 1549 balls for 22,895 yards and 197 TD's. He scored a total of 208 TD's (counting rushing ect..).

Jordy in 12 games caught 122 balls for 1606 yards and 11 touchdowns. So add another 4 game onto those stats and its an extra 30.5 balls rounded to 31 (153), 401.5 yards rounded to 402 (2008), an extra 2.75 TD's rounded off for 14.

Thus in an average 16 game season Jordy will have 153 catches, 2008 yards and 14 TD's. Then IMO you have to give bonuses for a better running game, quarterback, and training program....so bump up the catches by 20, the yards by 250 and give a couple extra TD's. Thus 173 catches 2258 yards and 15 TD's.

So after 10 years of that he should have the catches and yards wrapped up easily b/c I didn't even take into account his talent improving somehow. On that average he will be at 150 TD's, which you can probably bump up to 170 due to aforementioned talent increases. Thus roughly in the middle of his 12th season Jordy should have that record wrapped up too.

Flawless logic.

Flawless logic, indeed.

342 x 16 NFL games = 5472 yards per year, since he will have better receivers (and an offensive line) round that up to 7000 yds.

Beat that Josh!!!!!!!!

259,000 yards is basically 300,000 yards so he will probably surpass that by at least 50,000 yards, duh. :sarcasm

Flawless logic.

Flawless logic, indeed.

Beat that Josh!!!!!!!!

259,000 yards is basically 300,000 yards so he will probably surpass that by at least 50,000 yards, duh. :sarcasm

Yeah, but Freeman is much more ripped than Dailey, so that accounts for at at least 100,000 more yards.

My favorite quote from that thread:

If Josh Freeman gets drafted by Jordy's team I could really see them being that Joe Montana/Jerry Rice combo. I mean seriously, look at how much more ripped/good looking Freeman is than Joe Montana. This is going to be the easiest record Jordy has ever set IMhO.

:laughpound

Somehow I really doubt Freeman is better than the greatest QB of all time...

Agreed.

I loved the rationale --- that Freeman is more "ripped" than Montana. OK, so is Sylvester Stallone --- is Sly somehow then a better QB than Montana too? And that Jordy is bigger, faster, and more ripped than Rice. OK, so too have been 100's of NFL receivers --- and none topped Rice. As it were, Rice is really interesting. On paper --- or looking at his size and speed (or, really lack thereof) one would question whether he'd even be NFL stuff. Yet he was the best. Really amazing when you think about it --- Jerry Rice is the poster child for how measurables (size, 40 yard dash time, etc) are not the measure of the man on the field.

There are tons of receivers in the NFL with poor size and speed who are just awesome anyway. Deion Branch comes to mind, as he isn't that quick and is extremely short but he's a super bowl MVP who racks up yards, receptions and TDs year after year. Steve Smith, arguably the best WR in the NFL right now, is fast but he's only 5'8" or something.

Cy is always trying to expand things to include all of Kansas. Everyone knows that the "State" schools are the inferior models, don't be trying to distract people with your personal vendetta against my hawks. BTW, am I gonna get a picutre of you in a Jayhawk hat when you lose our bet, or just the apology...