DOWN IN FRONT!!

How many times have you heard this at a game? Should the retort be UP IN BACK!?

I guess people have a right to do what they feel is best for them to enjoy the games... no matter if they stand or sit. Dont we all come for the same reason, to see the best football tradition in the nation... and hopefully see a win!? Sit or stand, its all the same to me... JUST WIN RED!!

I don't mind standing for the whole game if I sit between plays and timeouts.

What I found frustrating was seats behind the students and the stood the whole game ON TOP OF THEIR SEATS so everyone behind them had to do the same thing.

I totally agree. Standing ON the seat... bad bad bad. I like to stand but I also enjoy a squat between plays. I suppose the students brought this on themselves, but it would be nice if everyone could just get along at the game. By the way, this is Rodney King.

personally i think that the students section should not be moved further up and that standing on the seats is a perfectly acceptable form of cheering. it has been my experience that the students are the most lively and active fans there and shouldnt be punished for their exuberance. i have not been a student at unl for several years now but still appreciate sitting in the student section and being able to stand up and not worry about blocking the view of other husker fans. this is just another way the school is dumping on the students. :angry:

Standing on the seats allows a clear isle in which to pass back and forth from the bathroom and concession stands without disturbing anyone. I see no problem with it.

My rule for standing up is that I am not going to be the first man up. If you are so overstimulated that you can't watch a big play without leaping out of your seat then you need to find a way to calm yourself. Stand when the person in front of you stands, and sit when they sit. At least that way you have an excuse when you hear down in front.

Also don't be that guy who turns around and waves his arms at the crowd imploring them to make some noise. If you are in the crowd, then you should make the noise, its not your responsibility to ask for it. Players can waive their arms all they want however.

:rant

personally i think that the students section should not be moved further up and that standing on the seats is a perfectly acceptable form of cheering. it has been my experience that the students are the most lively and active fans there and shouldnt be punished for their exuberance. i have not been a student at unl for several years now but still appreciate sitting in the student section and being able to stand up and not worry about blocking the view of other husker fans. this is just another way the school is dumping on the students. :angry:

I agree, the students shouldn't be punished. However, I have sat directly behind the student section and I had to walk up the stairs and stand there the whole time to see the game. If I stood at my seat, I could not see. It's a terrible spot to try and watch the game but I don't think we can just start telling the students how to watch their team play. Moving the students up seems to fix this problem, but at the students expense.

...Also don't be that guy who turns around and waves his arms at the crowd imploring them to make some noise. If you are in the crowd, then you should make the noise, its not your responsibility to ask for it. Players can waive their arms all they want however.

Whatever happened to "Mad Mike"?

Probably dating myself here but I remember when I was a student, he'd be banging on a tom (drum) going from stadium to stadium trying to fire the crowd up..Seems like I read long ago the he was "invited" to leave and then went to Chiefs games.

I almost forgot we had seats. <_<

I'll stand at every game no matter what the people behind me say or think. I don't stand on the bleachers and I do sit down during timeouts, halftime, etc. I don't get to go to alot of games so when I go I'm going to stand and cheer until I can longer speak! I usually pay more for my tickets then the people around me so I'm going to enjoy myself and if someone doesn't like it I really don't care.

Standing on the seats allows a clear isle in which to pass back and forth from the bathroom and concession stands without disturbing anyone. I see no problem with it.

My rule for standing up is that I am not going to be the first man up. If you are so overstimulated that you can't watch a big play without leaping out of your seat then you need to find a way to calm yourself. Stand when the person in front of you stands, and sit when they sit. At least that way you have an excuse when you hear down in front.

Also don't be that guy who turns around and waves his arms at the crowd imploring them to make some noise. If you are in the crowd, then you should make the noise, its not your responsibility to ask for it. Players can waive their arms all they want however.

Your avatar and username make me assume you must be new here. In Memorial Stadium, you stand your butt up from the coin toss until both teams are off the field after the game. :)

Someone is behind me who wants me to sit down? I ignore them, and if they really get on my nerves, I tell them to shut up. Getting into a Nebraska football game is hard to do and if I'm lucky enough to scrounge a ticket, I'm going to have the best time I can and support my team as best I can when I'm there.

:yeah

Even though college football is big time business, it's still "college" ball and the student body should play an important role.

I think one section should be student seating, there shouldn't be anyone in front or behind the student section unless they purposely sit there to be part of that section.

Moving the visitor section back would allow for this to be feasable as the people currently stuck infront/behind the students could than be in front of the visitors instead.