Perilloux dismissed, do we want him here?

The troubled LSU QB was dismissed. Do you think that Pelini might try and get him here? Do we even want him? Great talent but needs to get his head on straight. He could help us tremendously.

First thing I thought when I heard the news and then I remembered, Callahan isn't coaching this team any longer so nah.

If he wasn't good enough to beat out Matt Ryan, he wouldn't be able to start for Nebraska anyway.

Though I do wonder what he'll do. Perhaps supplemental draft (7th round to the Bears) or I-AA.

Talent-wise, he could play pretty much anywhere. He had a 175 passer rating in 75 attempts last year and averaged 4yds/carry when he took off with it (this is in the SEC btw). A lot of LSU fans I know wanted him starting over Flynn.

All that said, I still wouldn't want his personal problems, but he definitely has the skills to compete for a starting job anywhere.

If he wasn't good enough to beat out Matt Ryan, he wouldn't be able to start for Nebraska anyway.

Matt Ryan played for Boston College...

i think he means matt flynn?

Umm, yeah. :wasted Well he wouldn't have beaten him out either. ;)

My "work" was getting in the way of my posting. Sorry about that. Won't let happen again.

You don't want Perilloux at Nebraska. I mean, think about it: Do Big Red fans REALLY want this kid who seems to believe all the hype that he's the next best thing since gravy and buscuits at Nebraska which is, admit it, going through a rebuilding process as it is? Isn't Callahan's failure enough to convince Big Red fans that enough is enough? I'm not saying Perilloux is a bad person: I don't know the young man and if I sat and listed all the mistakes I made at age twenty then we'd have to create a catalouge for errors made. But regardless of whether he's a good person or not, some other school can swoop him up and hopefully set him on his way toward common sense. Nebraska, despite Bo's familarity with Perilloux, is not the place for that to happen. The kid's not gonna end up at Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, or any other Big 12 school so Nebraskans don't have to worry about seeing him running the opponent's offense on Saturday afternoons in Memroial Stadium. Go after some other player, some of those home-grown, tractor-throwing farm boys from North Platte or Springview or Valentine and get Nebraska back not only where it was but WHERE IT BELONGS. Then go after a few more of those speedy tailbacks and swift receivers and linebackers that eat Buick transmissions for lunch and see where that gets you. But leave Perilloux where he is: anywhere else but Lincoln. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

The troubled LSU QB was dismissed. Do you think that Pelini might try and get him here? Do we even want him? Great talent but needs to get his head on straight. He could help us tremendously.

First thing I thought when I heard the news and then I remembered, Callahan isn't coaching this team any longer so nah.

If he wasn't good enough to beat out Matt Ryan Flynn, he wouldn't be able to start for Nebraska anyway.

Though I do wonder what he'll do. Perhaps supplemental draft (7th round to the Bears) or I-AA.

Edited.

Or for a better fit - the Bengals

IMO Bo would look like a hypocrite if we take him.

This, my friend, is a good point. All the discipline Bo had done up to this point would be for nothing if they signed on this kid. How could you believe anything a coach said if he said he was serious about discipline, and then he turns around and signs on a kid who is nothing but trouble?

Definitely would not be a good situation...

Forget about all of his troubles for just a second. What have we learned about bringing in a QB with only a year or two of eligibility? In order to have any consistency at all, most of the time the QB needs to be around for a while. 1 year or 2 years just isn't enough time. It took Frost a while to gel with the team and he was extremely intelligent without the excess baggage. It's time to forget about bringing in bandaids and time to start playing with what we already have.

Not sure why anybody would want to take a chance on this one...But...

Jackson St. pursues ex-LSU QB Perrilloux

Published reports say Alabama A&M and Valdosta State also are chasing Perrilloux and Jacksonville State coach Jack Crowe has told The Associated Press he's pursuing the former top prospect.

Although...

Oklahoma QB Nichol plans to transfer with 3 years left.. <_<